As a backend engineer at StackRox, you’ll work on core services of our StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform, helping our customers safely run the worlds-largest commercial Kubernetes clusters in private and public clouds. Our engineering team is small, where you’ll be able to make an immediate impact on the product and architecture, as well as engineering processes. With Kubernetes adoption rapidly spreading around the world, the team constantly faces new challenges like creating scalable architecture, improving performance to support high workloads, and making our microservices fault-tolerant and available, ensuring smooth deployment for both Kubernetes experts and early adopters. This is an opportunity for you to grow and make an impact in shaping the future of security in a containerized world with Kubernetes emerging as a leader.
- Design, build, and maintain core backend services and APIs for our StackRox Platform, while solving a wide spectrum of problems in data collection, processing, storage, and presentation via APIs.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to shape, build, and improve features, sub-systems, and services.
- Own areas of the product while leading their design and long-term health.
- Assist the support team in troubleshooting and resolving production deployment issues to help make our customers successful.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Have the opportunity to build a personal brand and strengthen the company brand through technical blog posts and open-source contributions.
WE WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU:
- Are open to learning new technologies and concepts. We work in Go. However, we care much more about your general engineering skills rather than specific technical knowledge.
- Enjoy practicing collaboration in design and rigorous code reviews.
- Are committed to delivering high quality, maintainable software.
- Have experience building extensible and maintainable APIs.
- Have an understanding of distributed systems and best design practices for scalable systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts. StackRox engineers work with Sales, Support, and Marketing to produce outstanding results such as our blog.
We don't expect you to cross-out all of these areas to join our StackRox team. Instead, we prefer to build around your strengths and provide opportunities for you to grow your skills.
StackRox helps enterprises secure their containers and Kubernetes environments at scale. The StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform enables security and DevOps teams to enforce their compliance and security policies across the entire container life cycle, from build to deploy to runtime. StackRox integrates with existing DevOps and security tools, enabling teams to quickly operationalize container and Kubernetes security.
StackRox has assembled a team of experts in cloud-native infrastructure and security from leading companies including Amazon, Apple, Cisco, FireEye, Google, Netflix, Palantir, Splunk, and VMware.
Partnered with Amazon, Docker, Google, Microsoft and IBM RedHat, StackRox is the choice for container and Kubernetes security for cloud-native companies, Global 2000 enterprises and federal government agencies.
Why you should apply via Triplebyte:
- We save you time. Though you’re making an initial time investment by going through our interview process, afterwards we can fast track you through to final interviews at the companies you are interested in. Most candidates save hours that otherwise would be spent on phone screens. We turn an O(n) process into an O(1) process.
- We connect you to companies where you’re most likely to succeed. Companies differ widely in what skills they look for in engineers. For example, some companies really love academic programmers, while others think that being academic is a sign you won’t be productive. We’ve mapped these differences, and will identify companies where you’re a good fit.
- We connect you to companies you may not have heard of. Everyone has heard of Dropbox, Airbnb, and Stripe. But we can also suggest companies that you may not have considered before, or even heard of. We can get you in early with some of the most exciting new companies out there.
- We can connect you with the right people. If you’ve ever applied for a job through a company web site, you know that it can seem like your resume has been sent into a black hole. We can put you right in front of hiring managers or founders for a fast turnaround.
- We can vouch for your technical skills. Maybe your resume isn’t perfect. With us, that doesn’t matter. The companies we work with trust our ability to find hidden talent that other recruiters can’t.
Job Type: Full-time
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- Yes: H-1B work authorization
- Yes: Other non-immigrant work authorization (e.g. L-1, TN, E-3, O-1, etc.)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma