Nolensville First UMC is in search of a part-time music director in a church that is growing along with our community. We are looking for someone with a strong Christian faith and some familiarity with Methodist/Wesleyan practices and theology. This position may be divided among two people. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Working with the Pastor and Worship Committee to facilitate the direction of music programs for Nolensville First UMC. This includes:
o Planning and leading music for both Worship Services on Sunday morning with the Chancel Choir for Traditional Service and the Praise Band for the Contemporary/Blended Service.
o Coordinating Sunday congregational songs with weekly scriptures and sermon.
· Children’s Music and Drama:
o Coordinating with Children’s Minister in planning music and programs.
o Directing plays and musicals.
o Planning and presenting seasonal programs.
o Recruiting, organizing, and overseeing children’s choir(s), including volunteers to assist with music programs.
· Facilitate music accompaniment from wide array of talented instrumentalists and vocalists.
· Recruiting for all music programs by scheduling, developing and mentoring volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists and worship leaders for Praise and Chancel Choir.
· Facilitating Dot Arnold Scholarship fund-raising.
· Managing CCLI license to ensure royalties for music performed.
· Managing music budget.
· Preparing submission for monthly newsletter as needed.
· Attending and participating in staff meetings.
· Oversee audio systems.
· Maintaining choir room organization and equipment.
· Cataloging all music and cds.
· Recruiting, training, and re-establishing the handbell choir.
· Incorporating learning where possible (i.e., teach various musical instruments, how to use hymnal and read music/melody line in a song).
Top Strategic Goals for this Position:
1. Plan music for worship services 4-6 weeks in advance.
2. Facilitate and continue multiple options to “open the doors” for greater recruitment among congregation.
3. Cultivate community involvement within each area of the music programs (Choir, Praise team, etc.)
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Expected start date: 15/02/2021
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place