ABOUT MEREDITH CORPORATION
Meredith Corporation (NYSE:
MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas, such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty and fashion. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities, including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S., and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio. Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households.
Meredith seeks a Senior Manager, Brand Communications to help manage communications and public relations activities for leading business brands, including but not limited to Fortune and Money, while also supporting the Fortune Live Events Group.
Reporting to a Vice President, Marketing, the candidate will be responsible for managing communications across titles and implementing consumer and trade plans for all aspects of the brands across multiple platforms – digital, print, video and events/conferences. Given the nature of these brands as news organizations, he/she will be on call at all times to respond to breaking news.
- Lead a broad range of pitching to support print, digital and social content across a portfolio of brands as well as new revenue streams
- Book multiple TV segments per week, including on breaking news topics, brands' magazine and digital content, as well as long-lead segments
- Secure media coverage in consumer, trade and business outlets
- Assist with planning and execution of PR strategies and project management surrounding new initiatives, franchises, and high profile events
- Lead media strategy for events, including driving pre and post press coverage, handling on-site press, and managing outside PR agencies.
- Liaise with both the editorial and business teams to ensure all deadlines and goals are met for a range of projects
- Manage the preparation of communications materials for executive interviews, presentations, etc.
- Write regular press releases and maintain and build press lists
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- A strong interest in news, politics, business/finance media and promoting content. TV booking experience is strongly preferred
- Extreme organization and efficiency and are able to manage multiple systems simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to an extremely fast-paced environment and possess very strong communications and writing skills.
- Strong collaboration skills, an incredible work ethic and the ability to be reachable as needed