EMSI's Underwriting Department is seeking experienced individual Life Underwriters to provide full underwriting, as well as support other lines of underwriting business to our customers. This work from home opportunity can be full or part time, including flexible nights and weekend hours. Additional weekends and overtime may be required as business needs demand. We promote career growth, creative thinking and professionalism.
- Minimum 3 years HOME OFFICE Life underwriting experience having underwritten life within last 2 years
- Minimum $1,500,000 approval limits without second sign (all ratings including declinations)
- Minimum review authority $2,000,000
- Special Consideration given to highly technical, reinsurance, and brokerage underwriting experience with approval authorities in excess of $7,000,000.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to work with multiple systems
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Completion of insurance related coursework and/or accreditations
- Brokerage underwriting experience
- Participation in industry associations (LOMA, AHOU, ALU)
- Prior experience underwriting individual supplemental health, disability, and long-term care desired
EMSI is proud to be an EEO-AA employer Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- Individual Life Underwriting: 2 years
Required work authorization: