Full-timeEstimated: $76,000 - $100,000 a year
- Microsoft Excel
- Product management
- Strategic planning
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
The Sr. Retail Channel Marketing Manager works to ensure that retailer-specific programs are developed and executed to achieve both Genie and retail partner objectives. The Sr. Retail Channel Marketing Manager uses his or her experienced knowledge base and partners with Genie key stakeholders (Product Management, Brand Marketing, Operations, Sales Management) to create programs that drive sales of garage door openers/accessories and aligns with the goals of the Sales Director/Manager and strategic plan. The Sr. Retail Channel Marketing Manager is tightly integrated within the assigned account teams and provides project management expertise to ensure that tactical plans are created and managed to execute on-time and on-budget.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Works with sales to develop promotional plans for assigned retailers, works with the sales team to gain retailer approval, and project manages deliverables to ensure on-time and on-budget execution.
- Instrumental in synchronization of planning among Product Marketing, Brand Marketing, Sales and Outside Marketing Agencies.
- Is the resident expert on the range of services that various internal support groups can provide to assigned retailers and develops a support matrix that encompasses the full range of activities, including retailer training, field execution, creative and assets, promotions, customer service, etc.
- In partnership with stakeholders, contributes to the strategic vision for Genie in assigned retailers and drives initiatives that support that vision. Brand presence and promotional activity speaks to each retailer's core customers, driving sales to achieve Genie’s and retailer's objectives.
- Responsible for leading and influencing Genie's cross-functional teams in support of Genie's business objectives and assigned retailer's objectives.
- Ensures company alignment and enforces timelines on projects in assigned retailers to ensure successful and timely execution.
- Responsible for sell-through of Genie products through retailer locations.
- Develops and delivers innovative retailer and product-specific recommendations for product placement and promotions. This can run the spectrum from recommended planogram layouts, to exclusive bundle offers, to in-store promotions, merchandising and beyond.
- Utilizes business analytics to measure success of programs and make modifications/recommendations for future programs-based performance analysis
- Communicates insights to key decision-makers to help shape the future of the business. A key value of this role will be the expertise developed to know what works for assigned accounts.
- Subject matter expert on the opportunities, challenges and processes for assigned accounts.
- Establishes and communicates resources specific to assigned accounts for the use of the entire Sales and Marketing organization including: key retailer contact lists, timelines for specific initiatives, key retailer calendar dates such as meetings, resets, etc.
- Assists other Genie groups in accomplishing goals in assigned accounts.
- Maintains constant awareness of the competitive environment and opportunities in assigned retailers. Brings forward innovative ideas for promoting Genie products, working with Sales.
- Work with Sales, Brand, and Product marketing to develop an annual promotion calendar with each account.
- Creates on-going presentation resources for Sales Account Managers to help sell in products and initiatives.
- Develops and manages forecast accuracy and means of improvement with Sales Manager and key forecast contact.
- 7+ years of sales/marketing experience in consumer durable goods, preferably in home center channel
- Knowledge of marketing and sales organizations with multiple channels of distribution
- Channel partner development and marketing planning with experience developing product plans, competitive analysis, pricing strategy, customer planning and overall account strategy
- Knowledge of processes related to brand marketing, market research, sales training and field communications – in coordination with marketing team
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills – for internal groups, as well as sales organization and channel partner
- Solid merchandising sense and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change; ability to go the extra mile to bring success to Genie and the channel partner
- Well-planned, eye for detail; strong time management skills; action and results-oriented
- Work effectively without supervision or, in many cases, with cross-functional departments during the planning process for line reviews and new product presentations
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Ability to manage relationships with channel partner
- Computer literate in MS Office software; advanced skills working with computer programs in creating power point and excel documents
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales Management, Marketing or Business
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Standard office environment
- Moderate travel – 25-35%
Job Type: Full-time