Reporting to the Manager of Internal Controls System (ICS), the incumbent will join a team of professionals that will perform financial, operational and technology reviews to evaluate internal controls as well as compliance with laws, policy, regulations, and internally published procedures. These evaluations will be critical to delivering valuable recommendations and influence change in support of operational, and organizational goals.
ICS’ priorities are operationally-risk based and focus on strong governance, transparency, strategic engagement and fostering an environment characterized by high ethical and professional standards.
The position is located at 45025 Aviation Drive, Suite 350, Sterling, VA 20166.
- Assist in developing the review plan and risk matrix.
- Perform and complete ICS walkthrough and testing for stations as well as HQ to ensure an adequate level of internal controls within the areas of revenue, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, etc.
- Perform comprehensive and robust review as well as documentation. This includes: identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and properly documenting whether business processes and procedures follow Company policies, standards, and applicable statute.
- Collaborate with the field, finance, business/operations, and corporate process owners to help ensure ongoing compliance.
- Identify improvement opportunities and develop recommendations for corrective/improvement action plans.
- Assist in communicating the results of the review via writing, and verbal presentations to all levels of management. This will include detailing the findings, conclusions, agreed-upon corrective actions, and the timeline for remediation where required.
- Prepare work papers and flowcharts to document and support findings and conclusions.
- Oversee and track effective remediation of identified control weaknesses.
- Assist in providing training to Swissport Station leaders as needed.
- Assist in developing new policies and procedures, as needed and regularly maintain existing SOP’s, procedures, and workflow diagrams.
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders and team members to deliver results, and support business performance.
- Assist in facilitating with external auditors during the annual IFRS audit to help coordinate requests.
- Any other special projects, or duties as assigned by the management of Internal Controls.
- Exceptionally strong and proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, prioritize and synthesize all types of information to enable timely and effective review on a consistent basis.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with all stakeholders.
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order; ability to maintain required confidentiality in this key financial position.
- Self-driven and able to work independently; willingness to be hands-on and dig into the details.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Two (2) years of experience in public accounting, internal audit or corporate accounting experience required.
- Undergraduate / Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar required.
- Demonstrated understanding of preventative and detective internal controls, and segregation of duties (COSO Framework).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred.
- Knowledge of both IFRS and US GAAP preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with finance, planning, and business intelligence systems; SAP FICO and/or Lawson Finance, HR and Payroll software experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; advanced Excel, Word, Visio skills required.
- English fluency required.
- Ability to travel up to 25 - 35% (domestic), which may increase based on project plans or demands.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best-qualified candidates available and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd., on behalf of more than 850 client-companies, provides best-in-class airport ground services for some 265 million passengers annually and handles approximately 4.7 million tonnes of air cargo at 133 warehouses worldwide. With a workforce of 68,000, the world market leader in ground handling and air cargo services is active at 315 airports in 50 countries across all five continents. In 2017, the group generated consolidated operating revenue of EUR 2.8 billion.
Job Type: Full-time
- in public accounting, internal audit or corporate accounting: 2 years (Required)
- knowledge of both IFRS and US GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)