The Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for creating and executing ITI’s digital strategy for its social media platforms and other online assets. The position goals center around increasing brand awareness and engagement with ITI’s digital content, driving traffic to the ITI website, identifying and developing relationships with policy influencers on our key issues, and developing digital media campaigns. In this role, you will be our chief digital storyteller, using graphics, videos and more to advance the policy priorities of the world’s most innovative companies across a range of platforms. Duties include creating and managing digital content, including ITI’s online newsletter and website; crafting messaging for social media platforms; and designing graphics.
The ideal candidate will have experience running online campaigns and in graphic design, video editing, layout, and related applications like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Adobe Premier and Final Cut. Applicants should have 3-5 years of experience in digital communications and design.
The Digital Communications Manager will report to the VP, External Affairs
and will assist the ITI leadership team as needed.
The Digital Communications Manager will:
- Contribute to the development, planning and execution of a comprehensive digital communications strategy in support of ITI’s policy and advocacy work.
- Manage and support content creation for ITI’s website, blog, newsletter and all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Leverage and amplify ITI’s policy engagement and thought leadership activities through social media platforms.
- Encourage adoption of relevant new and emerging social media techniques into the ITI culture to benefit ITI’s brand and services. Monitor and anticipate changes in digital media tools, trends, and applications.
- Create graphics and digital copy for videos, social media, infographics, newsletters, reports and more.
- Gather and analyze online analytics to identify and determine opportunities and trends and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
- Identify strategic opportunities to connect and engage with policy influencers on social media.
- Managing ITI’s engagement with online followers and commenters.
The Digital Communications Manager is a hands-on, roll up your sleeves position, requiring experience managing projects, running online campaigns and creating content across a variety of platforms. This position will help amplify ITI’s global voice on behalf of the tech industry and create digital resources that serve the needs of a variety of audiences. The Digital Communications Manager will work closely with teams across ITI, meaning a collaborative spirit is key to success in this role. He/she should possess the following:
- Three to five years of digital communications and design experience in public affairs, policy and/or advocacy setting.
- Experience using HTML5, CSS Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premier and Final Cut Premier.
- Experience working with common website content-management systems like WordPress and dotCMS.
- Experience in creating content for digital platforms, including websites, blogs, and social media and mobile applications.
- A dynamic portfolio that includes digital marketing, graphics and video, and other content for social media platforms.
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, think creatively and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter and team player with a demonstrated ability to collaborate and work independently.
- Exemplary attention to detail and strong writing and editing skills.