Provide personalized attention and professional fitness instruction to Explosive Performance members, build training business through referrals, and improve members’ lives under the management of the Explosive Performance Site Director and with the Explosive Performance team.
- Develop and maintain your training business
- Help recruit and retain Explosive Performance members
- Monitor, coach, and instruct members in safe and effective exercise tactics
- Support and participate in efforts that promote Explosive Performance to become the leading sport-specific training company in the nation through education, effort, and ingenuity
- Provide high level of personal service and attention
- Maintain a minimum of 12 client hours weekly
- Conduct fitness assessments and Smart Start appointments
- Achieve average 20 percent booking rate per floor hour in Smart Start or other meaningful personal training entry points for members.
- Respond appropriately to questions, comments, and complaints from members, guests, and visitors
- Highlight and promote all activities, events, training programs, and services
- Participate in special events to recruit and educate members
- Qualify all leads using the Exercise Readiness Questionnaire and Member Questionnaire
- Attend all mandatory EP meetings and development
- Record floor hours worked and upload into the online backup system prior to commission deadline
- Only redeem personal training sessions for which service has been rendered or forfeited due to 24-hour cancellation policy
- Only provide ongoing service to members with a personal training agreement on file
- Understand and follow employee standards of conduct and ethics
- Understand and uphold club building, facilities, service, program, and emergency procedures
- Complete all in-house training as assigned
- Assume other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to motivate and nurture others
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Outwardly facing professional appearance
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and skills
- Ability to conduct Smart Start and movement analysis, and create appropriate fitness programs for members
- Train on Explosive Performance-specific methods such as: Trigger Point Therapy, Active Isolated Stretching, Dynamic Flexibility, Linear Speed, Acceleration, Multi-Directional Speed, Functional Movement Screening, Keiser Power, TRX training
Required Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Nationally recognized Personal Training certification from a US Fitness accepted provider
- CPR/AED required
- Current continuing education credentials required
Physical Activities, Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity & Working Conditions:
Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
All US Fitness team members receive:
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and Kids Programs
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Gift
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC Reimbursement
Additional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Relocation: Candidates outside of the specified area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they must be willing to travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not offered.
US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Know Your Rights
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)