At Coinstar, we love our customers, and we’re passionate about providing a convenient, reliable, and accurate way for them to turn their loose change into cash, NO FEE eGift Cards, or charitable donations—instantly. We strive to provide a consistent, positive, and exceptional customer experience. Over the past 25 years, Coinstar has turned that passion into the 20,000 familiar kiosks you see in grocery stores and other locations across the U.S., Canada, Germany, the UK, and Ireland. We process about $3 billion worth of coins a year! As Coinstar continues to grow, offering exciting new services and expanding to new locations worldwide, our need to find extraordinary employees who share our vision grows as well.
If you have a customer-centric mindset, take pride in and ownership of your work, and are results-oriented, then our Copywriter (contract to hire) – Bellevue, WA role is the right role for you. You’ll have the opportunity to take on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects in a supportive, collaborative work environment.
Along the way, you’ll gain valuable knowledge and experience to help ensure your success and growth in the company. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as a great work-life balance and casual-yet-professional atmosphere. You get the visibility and camaraderie of a small company along with the excitement of helping it grow.
Coinstar, a leader in automated retail kiosks, has an exciting opportunity for a talented international copywriter to join our creative marketing team.
You will bring ideas to life with smart, engaging messaging that strengthens our brand and gets results. You will define, develop, and deliver targeted messaging across a wide range of print and online deliverables for multiple countries. You will possess a passion for all things creative, coupled with the uncanny ability to merge business objectives with imaginative solutions.
We're looking for a conceptual thinker, a skilled communicator, and a creative partner. You will provide content for the websites, promotions, customer emails, and assist with social media marketing. You will also manage translations for international projects including UI, sales materials, guides, and copy on the kiosks. You will work closely with staff designers and marketing managers in a fun, dynamic environment.
- Collaborate with designers to create and deliver messaging that meets business objectives
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent brand voice through a variety of marketing channels: website, promotional/campaign deliverables, product information, social, materials, trade show/event signage, kiosk/POS materials, trade advertisements, presentations, etc.
- Manage translations with agency and ensure translations are consistent across all assets in each country
- Strategically position our products while ensuring accuracy in product details, including international assets
- Looks to continually “raise the bar” by maintaining a strong understanding of our products, our target audience, and our competitors in the market.
- Detail-oriented, strong fact-checking, and research skills
- Eye towards SEO best practices when writing for web while still adhering to brand guidelines
- Follows team processes and file management procedures
- Welcomes feedback from creative and marketing managers
- Maintains editorial guidelines
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in related field required
- 3+ years of copywriter experience, prefer experience writing for retail and/or financial institutions
- International experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite on a PC. Additional mac environment and Adobe Creative suite knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, in-house, team environment
- Exceptional creative writing and editing skills
- Natural problem solver with a self-starter attitude
- Ability to work independently within a team environment, and an ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders
- Ability to effectively research and create unique, compelling content/copy for all marketing collateral (print & online)
- Excellent problem solving, project management/multi-tasking, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of creative writing
- Acutely detailed-oriented, strong fact-checking, and top-notch proofreading skills
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Coinstar, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/color, religion, age, genetic information, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a job, please contact Coinstar Human Resources at 425-943-8000.