Commonwealth Trading Partners, Inc.
CTP is a privately held small business based in Alexandria, VA. We provide trade and security services for government and private clients and deliver technical assistance programs in over 80 countries around the world. CTP provides specific solutions or full lifecycle support, including course and curriculum design, expert instruction, logistics support, monitoring & evaluations, knowledge management, strategic planning, program management, and staffing services.
Financial Management Analyst
The Financial Management Analyst candidate should bring a background and experience in managing and supporting contracts and programs. The Financial Management Analyst may have unique task functions such as administrative oversight of specific activities from task award to task completion and should have a breadth of demonstrable experience in basic accounting, procurement, government contracting, and systems acquisition. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, as well as customer service skills due to daily interaction with various levels of rank, authority, positions, both military and civilians, international and domestic. A knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods and techniques to develop and support deliverable criteria and metrics covering complex program mission functions is required.
The individual must be highly organized and motivated and bring the following skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliance
- Working knowledge of SAM, D&B, and multiple GSA functions including eMod, eBuy, and SIP, and expert proficiency with MS EXCEL
- Working knowledge of various accounting and budgeting systems, UNANET and QuickBooks experience a plus
- High level of written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact successfully with senior government program officials and stakeholders
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience performing work as a contract specialist in a federal agency or military setting
- Provides support for financial management and administrative activities, such as budgeting, inventory, procurement, manpower and resource planning, and financial reporting.
- Develops work breakdown structures and prepares charts, tables, graphs, and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems.
- Develops and manages budgets, cost and financial reporting and financial tracking documentation for invoicing purposes including subcontractor contract/financial management.
- Reviews solicitations to include Statements of Work, and assists in proposal development process to include clause compliance, questions and answers, and past performance narrative and PPQs.
- Provides support for pricing strategies across the spectrum of proposal submissions. Secures quotes and agreements with vendors for all costing as appropriate and conducts follow-up with prospective partners and vendors to ensure accuracy in pricing.
- Collects final contract award documents, both electronically and physically, ensuring all required documents are included and attached and maintain detailed contract files as per Quality Assurance Plan for each contract.
- Monitors progress of contracting and procurement actions as required.
- Provides financial/contractual guidance and assistance in coordinating output and ensuring the technical adequacy of the end product for all projects and programs as appropriate.
- Monitors and tracks all program and project management requirements and deliverables as required from a financial and contractual perspective.
- Maintains logs and library systems showing the status of actions and correspondence and ensures files and correspondence include all required documents and signatures.
- Provides support for Quality Management System activities and performs complex evaluations of existing procedures, processes, techniques, models, and/or systems related to management problems or contractual issues and recommends measurable solutions.
- Travel internationally, primarily in support of U.S. government contracts.
Educational or Equivalent Experience
- BA or BS required, preferably in accounting or finance, preferably with 3 years of experience performing work as a contract specialist in a federal agency, federal contractor setting, or military environment.
United States, DC area, Alexandria, VA, with potential for travel to Accra, Ghana
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability insurance, Life Insurance, AD&D, Paid Time Off, Flexible Spending Account, and a 401K Retirement plan.
Salary range based upon experience and negotiable
Must have, or ability to obtain, a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) clearance.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume, inclusive of salary requirements, to HRdirector at ctp-inc.com, subject line: Financial Management Analyst
Employment is subject to a satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background review. This includes, but is not limited to: employment, credit and education verifications and criminal records check. All applicants are required to complete the associated paperwork in advance of an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Financial Management: 3 years
Required work authorization: