Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
The IT DevOps organization is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Technical Supervisor to join our DevOps Intelligent Services team. The DevOps Intelligent Services (DOIS) is responsible for providing various services for Tier 1/2 mission critical applications, including production support, troubleshooting, provisioning, release support, and onboarding.
- The candidate will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of engineers who will have the responsibilities of monitoring and providing "first responder" support for our Line of Business (LOB) applications in Microsoft Azure cloud.
- The candidate must have excellent technical, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills backed with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure artifacts and application infrastructure related activities is required.
- The ideal candidate will also have solid experience in successfully building partnerships with the business units and other IT groups within the organization.
- To be an effective leader of this group, the candidate must be well versed in the systems development life cycle, be able to provide direction and feedback on Major Incident calls, think strategically, have strong desire to ensure that the team meets the highest standards in triage, analysis and follow through.
- Position also includes interacting with analyst leads and business partners, triaging/tracking issues and providing technical solutions to resolve business needs.
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- Experience managing people & tasks across multiple simultaneous projects with aggressive timelines.
- Must have the ability and flexibility to provide 24/7 support to mission critical applications.
- Experience using Splunk, DynaTrace & MS AppInsights for monitoring.
- Experience in working with Azure constructs (PaaS, SaaS or IaaS).
- Act as a liaison between application development and different infrastructure teams.
- Ability to drive troubleshooting across multiple applications and establish requirements to create runbooks for outage event with the necessary escalation paths established.
- Establish a system to work with an offshore team to cover night and weekend shifts.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Kanban.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and rapidly develop proficiency in new skills
- Proven experience in team building, collaboration, coaching, and mentoring.
- Prior experience in using cloud APIs to improve monitoring of system performance and stability a plus.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
401(k) and profit-sharing plans
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
Associate assistance program
Flexible spending accounts
Business casual dress
Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
Associate clubs and sports teams
GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.