At Intrado, highly skilled employees are dedicated to serving our mission – to help save lives!
Intrado is the pre-eminent provider of 9-1-1 technology solutions for traditional phone companies, wireless carriers, satellite and cable operators, VoIP service providers, and public safety and government agencies. Public safety answering points (PSAPs) across the U.S. and Canada rely on Intrado for accurate, state of the art 9-1-1 voice, data and call handling equipment support. Intrado has the innovative network and extensive portfolio of advanced 9-1-1 services to meet public safety needs today and in the future. Combined with a staff of experienced public safety experts, Intrado is unrivaled in its ability to deliver further advancements, and continues to lead the transformation of emergency communications.
You want to help save lives. So do we. At Intrado, we know why your work matters. We understand why you do what you do. We currently have openings for 9-1-1 Call Takers in our 24x7 Emergency Relay Call Center in full view of the Rocky Mountains in beautiful Colorado. The core focus of this position will be responsible for receiving calls in the 24-hour/7-day-per-week Emergency Call Relay Center (ECRC) from citizens for emergency and non-emergency issues.
- High school diploma required. Associate's degree in communications, business, or similar field preferred. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
- One-year experience in emergency services dispatching in a 9-1-1 center or similar environment required.
- 24/7 on call experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- May be required to work varying shifts.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (skill may or may not be required dependent upon position that is open)
Employee recognition & team award program
Flexible schedule and telecommuting (based on biz needs)
Relaxed dress code
Generous vacation and sick bank
Health insurance (variety of coverages and carriers offered); Company paid benefits (some disability & life insurance)
Voluntary benefits that include Auto, Home, Renters Insurance, Identity Theft Protection and Pet Care Programs
Wellness opportunities and access to a company paid Employee Assistance Program
Tuition reimbursement with a benefit maximum of $2,500
DevelopU - training opportunities for career growth and personal development through online learning with more than 31,000 learning items
Employee discounts for a variety of services
Strong commitment to safety and security for our work environment and data
Opportunity to serve the greater good through our Caring About People (CAP) program
Fast, friendly help in Corporate Services for internal printing needs
Modern, clean and airy workspaces
Team building activities
Bright, clean, well-maintained Fitness Center with a variety of workout equipment and locker rooms available 24X7!
Dry Cleaning drop-off and pick-up, which is competitively priced and super convenient
Short order cooks in the café ready to create a BLT-on-whole-wheat-no-mayo on a moment’s notice
Free soda, coffee, tea, hot chocolate
Local Toastmasters Club
LoFT – Centralized game room to use during breaks!
Great free parking – safe, well-lit and plenty of space
Amazing landscaping including bunnies!
Applications will be accepted through 1/26/2020.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled
- Intrado has strict background check requirements both pre-employment and throughout employment
- Depending upon the position and/or access required, applicants and personnel may be required to successfully complete additional background checks including, but not limited to customer background checks, Criminal Justice Information Services certification, and criminal history check, fingerprinting and training
- The company also runs a motor vehicle record check as part of the background check process
- The Company conducts pre-employment drug screening and periodic screening during employment
- Marijuana remains an illegal drug under Federal law. We have Federal contracts that require us to be compliant with the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act
- Intrado is a tobacco-free workplace
Primary Location United States-Colorado-Longmont
Organization West Safety Services USA
Job Posting 01/12/2020, 11:55:37 AM