This position is responsible for the quality of living in the apartment community, placement of new residents, resident events and handling issues that may arise between community members.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
DEGREES AND DIPLOMAS
- High School Diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Prior experience in client services required.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills
- Organization, planning, and scheduling
- Software: MS Office, Entrata (preferred), SmartSheet (preferred)
The following are essential job responsibilities:
Knowledge of all apartment community policies and processes, along with applicable state, and federal laws and mandates.
- Implement and guide resident life programs that support the overall mission, vision and values of the community
- Execute roommate matching program and placement
- Create, support, execute and attend community resident events on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all resident issues and other resident programs and processes within specified community.
- Coordinate the opening and closing of community at appropriate designated times
- Oversee occupancy management including keeping up to date resident occupancy listings, vacancies and placements
- Manage facilities in conjunction with appropriate maintenance and custodial staff including key audits, weekly walk through of apartments and other appropriate follow-up as necessary
- Monitor and manage spending of area specific budgets within resident life department
- Oversee and manage front desk community assistant operations including day to day resident issues and operations
- Attend and participate in departmental staff meetings.
- Work on special projects as requested.
OTHER ASPECTS OF POSITION
- May be required to assist in special projects or activities designated by This may include due diligence, property acquisition/disposition, serving on or participating in Company sponsored or sanctioned committees, organizations, functions, etc.
- May be periodically assigned to bookkeeping duties or assist in maintenance
- Other duties assigned by the General Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated proficiency in Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents. Proficiency in using property management software (Entrada).
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions about the property’s operation.
- Excellent Interpersonal and time management skills
Employees work in an office environment, but may also have exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors and/or landscape may be unpleasant
- Employee must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities
- Must be able to stand, walk, and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift carry and maneuver weights of up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Routine travel may be required to attend training classes, conduct market research or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some of the daily responsibilities of this position.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include weekend and/or holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Property Management: 1 year