Great Midwest Tube is an American owned and operated company that manufactures a variety of RYO quality filter tubes in Cincinnati, Ohio. We manufacture our tubes with only the highest quality cigarette paper and premium filter element.
We are now hiring for Full Time Maintenance Technicians to work 1st shift (6am-2pm), 2nd Shift (2pm-10pm), and 3rd Shift (10pm-6am).
In this job you will experience a number of roles as a Packer, Picker, and Machine Operator, learning each of these roles to help in troubleshooting equipment and making repairs in a timely manner, performing maintenance duties regarding machine or building maintenance, and other duties as assigned by the Shift Team Leader. Successful completion in various roles and tenure will allow you to progress in responsibility and compensation!
Essential Functions of this role include:
- Packing finished goods into correct packages and boxes
- Tracking production
- Notifying supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
To apply for this role, applicants should possess the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Electrical and Mechanical training from technical school or continuing education program. (or a minimum of 5 yrs. equipment maintenance experience to be considered equivalent)
- Ability to read electrical drawings and troubleshoot machine controls issues, repair and or replace controllers, circuit boards, PLC components, heaters and other related equipment controls systems
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and trouble shoot causes for mechanical failures, use tools of the trade to make repairs to equipment
- General knowledge of building electrical for circuit issues i.e. breaker, fuses, panels and lighting.
- General knowledge of plumbing and general building repairs i.e. doors, door openers moving equipment and office interior items.
- At least 5 years of prior manufacturing & maintenance experience
- Ability to read/write English
- Ability to lift 20 pounds, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, reach, twist, sit, walk.
- Reliable transportation to and from facility
- Ability to work occasional overtime
Upon successful completion of the probationary period, our employees enjoy:
- Paid Vacation Time and Holidays
- Paid on-the-job training
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Match ( after 1 years’ service)
If you are looking to start or continue building their career in manufacturing, then apply today to become part of the GMT family!
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cincinnati, OH 45241 (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)