Help Desk Analyst I (S00922P)
7:00am – 9:00pm Monday – Thursday
7:00am – 8:00pm Friday
9:00am – 6:00pm Saturday & Sunday
External and Internal
Salary is commensurate based on qualifications and relevant experience.
Funding expected to continue
Maintain and support a customer service friendly Help Desk that provides tier-one computer and credential support to clients by phone, e-mail, live support (online chat), or in person. Administer and provide advanced
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide account assistance by phone, e-mail, online chat, and in-person for UTA students, faculty, staff, and UTA affiliates.
2. Provide technical computer support (hardware and software) via phone, email, live support and in person for UTA Students, Faculty/Staff and Visitors.
3. Assist students, faculty, staff, and visitor/guest/vendors with connecting to the University wireless network.
4. Act as client advocate by reviewing all open tickets and communicating between other OIT groups and the client.
5. Create and update knowledge articles in Wiki, documentation, and web pages.
6. Provide internal and external training to students, faculty, and staff.
7. Performs other duties assigned.
Associate’s Degree in related field and two years of related computing work experience or the equivalent experience. Basic knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment. Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer software. Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
Help Desk experience. Telephone support and in person support experience. Strong diversified customer service background in a computer related field. Experience with Help Desk tracking software such as ITSM, Splunk, ADUC, and Office 365. Experience with Wiki, Live Support, Listserv, and Mac and PC workstations. Experience performing quality assurance tasks in a help desk or call center environment, such as creating reports using Crystal Reports, reviewing tickets and providing feedback, monitoring calls, surveying clients, etc. Knowledge and experience creating documentation using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Express Web, Dreamweaver, Wiki, or content management system.
Knowledge of Help Desk/ Information Desk work environment.
• Strong Customer Service experience.
• Ability to multi-task (ex: navigate computer programs and ticketing system while taking phone calls).
• Strong desire to help.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to gathering, interpret and recode research and data.
• In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft and Apple operating systems, smart phones, and other mobile devices
• In-depth working knowledge of common applications used on above machines (ie, Microsoft Office Suite)
• Research and data-mining aptitude
• Conflict resolution/management
• Managing ambiguity
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent phone etiquette
• Strong training skills
• Knowledge of Help Desk ticket tracking software, preferably ITSM. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Able to type at least 40 WPM on a keyboard
Special Conditions for Eligibility
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1)Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, major.