About the Company:
At Qumulo we've built a truly unique distributed file system from scratch. It wasn't easy and it's far from a finished product. Joining Qumulo's team of elite engineers means working on an innovative product at its infancy and watching your work take effect. It's an opportunity to work directly with customers and increase the value of our product by solving their most challenging problems.
We hire smart, adaptive engineers with diverse backgrounds and a knack for taking challenges head on. Our programmers not only solve the industry's most difficult problems, but do so in an adaptive, agile environment, shipping code every two weeks and getting feedback on their work in real-time.
Programmers at Qumulo work alongside people who crave collaborative coding environments. It's a community where individual engineers have a voice, and teams have the autonomy to drive their own progress.
About the position
Qumulo is a Seattle based data storage startup. We are building solutions that will permanently change the enterprise storage marketplace, improving quality and increasing service standards. We are dedicated to building not only to a fast, reliable product, but providing customers with a seamless user experience and unprecedented visibility on their data.
Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, our vision has attracted a team of pioneers from Amazon Web Services, Google, and Microsoft. Our mission is simple – to be the company the world trusts to store, manage and curate its data.
We hire individuals who are:
- Data driven and have desire to work in collaborative team environments.
- Excellent with computer science fundamentals, notably database and distributed system theory.
- Passionate about learning and solving hard problems.
- Customer focused and know how to act as an owner.
- Above all else, people who get stuff done.
If you're still reading this, we want to talk to you!
- Effective storage systems engineering draws from many areas of computer science; You should have a demonstrated interest in and facility with distributed systems, data structure, algorithms, or database concepts
- Facility with C or C++ and a higher level language like Python
- Experience with networking concepts and protocols
- Experience with security, authentication, and identity issues
- Willingness to think deeply about a complex problem domain
- Comfort with or interest in agile development process and test driven development
- BS CE/CS or equivalent experience
- Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.