When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
At AmeriGas our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to excellent starting pay:
- Exceptional medical, dental, and prescription benefits
401(K) with company match
Generous bonus potential
Paid time off (including holidays)
Annual performance reviews and salary increases
Do you like to travel and see different parts of the country? Do you like helping out when people are in need? Becoming an AmeriGas Airborne Delivery Representative might be for you!
The Airborne Team is a select group of dedicated and responsible drivers that can excel in a fast paced environment. The Airborne team comes to the rescue in locations where drivers are needed on a temporary basis. This could be because of staffing shortages or during extreme weather conditions and natural disasters, when AmeriGas locations need extra help to deliver propane in areas hard hit by flooding, wind damage or other difficult circumstances.
The Airborne Team member MUST be able to travel up to 75% of the time (possibly more). You will travel both regionally and nationally and you can be deployed within a 24 to 48 hour time frame of initial contact. Travel and hotel accommodations are arranged for you and expenses are paid. When you are not deployed, you will work out of your local district home office delivering propane or performing other duties as assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- At least 21 years old with a valid CDL with HazMat and Tanker endorsements
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 75% of the time (possibly more) both regionally and nationally, within a 24 to 48 hour notice
- Must have an excellent driving and safety record
- Experienced driving in adverse weather conditions
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing in and out of the truck