We are seeking packagers to package a variety of concentrates for our Lab. Candidates must have a current or willing to obtain a Marijuana Workers Permit with the state of Oregon.
This position is responsible for sifting through cured batches; separating, weighing, packaging, sealing, labeling and tracking the product(s) precisely and effectively. They are also responsible for the tracking of each batch, making sure that all product is accounted for, packaged appropriately and noted on all forms appropriately and according to company policy and practices, as well as state, local and OLCC laws and regulations.
- Identify needs based on sale inventory levels and prioritize packaging based their current cured/finished product inventory.
- Breakdown cured/final product batches into multiple different weight increments (0.5 g, 1.0 g, 3.5 g, etc…) and package them accordingly, including filling pods with proper amounts.
- Employee must package product without degrading the quality, weighing it on a state certified scale to an exact weight and placing the product in the packaging without damaging the product.
- Properly note all packages and increments on the batch’s final product for reconciliation.
- Print labels for each package and adhere them to the bag in accordance with state regulations.
- Employee is required to fill the bags with nitrogen, close them and heat-seal them according to company policy and procedure (if applicable to the finished product).
- Employee should be trained and have a basic knowledge of all final product tracking system(s) as it pertains to the department.
- Employee must be able to competently enter strain, batch, package ID, weight increment and quantity information into tracking system(s) and purchase orders.
- Follow the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures in accordance with the Lab Oregon’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives in all areas of their work.
- Employee must show up on time for work every day ready to work.
- Employee must exhibit consistent processing technique, tracking and meeting of production goals.
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by the Lab Oregon and the state while processing/packaging products.
- Responsible for clean-up of all processing areas and equipment at the end of every day.
- Follow all OSHA requirements to ensure all safety measures are met.
- Ability to be flexible and work/assist in various sectors of the department as needed an/or requested by their direct supervisor; this may include but is not limited to, helping with small tasks, cleaning and/or moving supplies and equipment and/or helping the trim department as needed.
- Must work well with others and be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique.
- Must exhibit caution and reliability with delivery of product to store in regards to personal safety, as well as product safety.
- Help create a proactive and positive environment; a positive attitude and self-motivation to help produce high quality pre-packed final products, while meeting and/or exceeding personal and/or company goals.
- Be able to work with, help, guide, challenge and motivate other team members in order to create a cohesive unit.
- Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, in order to meet or exceed goals, as well as quality of finished product, and useable by-product.
- Employee must be able to adapt to various strains, styles and types of marijuana extracts/concentrates they are packaging, making quality control decisions as necessary.
- Employee must have basic organizational capabilities, as well as be able to run basic computer tasks.
- Time management; employee must manage their time during work efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality product.
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of marijuana processing; proper technique and handling of finished product so as not to degrade the quality while packaging.
- Basic knowledge of tracking system as it relates to Cure Forms/final product(s) as batches are packed and shipped.
- Basic knowledge of tracking systems in regards to inventory, as well as creating a purchase order and entering all data correctly.
- Understanding and implementation of the techniques, policies, procedures and goals of Higher Cultures and affiliates, with an emphasis on continual personal growth and goals.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of local, state laws and statues; with an emphasis on continual knowledge and understanding.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and other team members.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately while not overstepping chain of command.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees, upper management, and other departments.
- Ability to perform a monotonous task with great efficiency over 8-hour+ work periods without losing quality or ability to track properly.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the OLCC to receive a workers permit.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Education or equivalent.
- Previous experience in packaging or tracking shipped/received product.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions for long periods of time.
- Work environment: lab setting with varying temperatures and lighting.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 40 pounds (100 pounds with assistance), manage stairs (not in all locations), perform all commercially typical cleaning requirements
Job Type: Full-time
- Packaging: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Marijuana Workers Permit (Required)