FLSA Status: Exempt
Directly Responsible To:
Direct Supervising Responsibilities:
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- 3 or more years of work experience in a business or accounting function
- Proficiency in Sage/Abila, Microsoft Office Suite, computer programs, Spreadsheets, Databases
- Knowledge of General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and office equipment including fax machine, postage meter, and copy machine is required.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines.
: The Accounting Clerk II provides accounting and clerical support to the Finance Department by entering and maintaining accurate financial records and performing clerical duties for the agency as assigned.
Under the supervision of the Finance Director, the Accounting Clerk II is responsible for the following:
- Processes Accounts Receivable transactions by coding and entering into Abila accounting program, and reconciling outstanding balances with department staff.
- Researches and applies unallocated cash.
- Prepares daily bank deposits for the Front Desk, Café and Travel. Weekly for offsite location.
- Collects, reconciles, and prepares deposits for SSP fundraising events.
- Assisting with preparation of Sales Tax, unemployment tax and quarterly payroll reports.
- Prepares Volunteer and Donation Reports
- Processes Safe Connections Billing
- Develops automated spreadsheets, organizes and maintains up to date financial records.
- Provide IT Tier 1 help desk support for all locations.
- Act as a liaison between developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and satisfaction.
- Makes recommendations on hardware and software procurement to support business goals.
- Maintains database backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Diagnosing and resolving system problems in coordination with other technical team members.
- Vendor liaison for lease agreements.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating requirements, placing and expediting orders, stocking items and replenishing items for all staff.
- Maintains professional communication with SSP department staff, and funding entities on receivable matters as directed by Finance Director.
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines, 10-key calculator.
- Read, uses and is familiar with SSP policy and procedural manuals, maintains and updates procedural manuals as directed by Finance Manager.
- Provide a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
Other duties as directed by management.