Ted Pella, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the microscopy supplies and instrumentation field. The Life Sciences Product Specialist is responsible for sales and marketing support as well as product development (R&D) activities related to Life Sciences. This position works closely with and reports to the Vice President of Marketing & Sales. This position is located in Redding, CA and relocation is required and will be paid for.
- Develop and grow sales of Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) life science-related products, our Light Microscope (LM) lines as well as related LM supplies and supplies for other types of microscopy.
- Keeps current with cutting edge technologies as well as use of existing technologies and also shares these updates within the relevant internal staff.
- Be engaged in life science product development, both for items we design and manufacture as well as those we resell.
- Collaborate with our Graphic Artist for life science new product photography, brochure development, social media messaging construction, web placement, trade show signage, and other related marketing collateral.
- Generate manuals, updates and technical notes for instruments to support life science customers and our website.
- Manage product quotations activities related to life science products with customer follow up to generate sales.
- Develop sales forecasts for the applicable product groups.
- Assist customers with life science technical questions.
- Assist with trade show preparations and represent the company at trade shows.
- Collaborate with team members on product applications and product development.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Life Sciences or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on TEM laboratory experience, instrument use and knowledge of TEM specimen preparation techniques.
- Minimum 5 years with hands-on use of light microscopes and associated specimen preparation.
- Must have some Histotechnology experience.
- Biological TEM certification (CEMT) is a plus.
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) experiences a plus.
- Histotechnologist (HTL) Certification a plus.
- Basic knowledge of TEM service is a plus.
- Comfortable with public speaking and leading meetings.
- Prior customer relations experience is preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate on a team.
- Ability to prioritize workload, manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with co-workers and build relationships with clients.
- Superior attention to details and problem diagnosis and solving skills.
- Ability to communicate in the English language fluently for writing and speaking.
- Proficient in current versions of Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and other standard office technology.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to trade shows, clients, workshops.
- This position is a full time “on-site” position located in Redding, CA.
- Must be authorized to work in U.S. without sponsorship.
Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm and/or as needed on weekends and evenings for attending tradeshows and traveling.
This position is paid a competitive base salary, and includes a generous medical, dental and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with Company match, paid vacation, sick, and holidays.
About the Company:
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies for over 50 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. We are a healthy company, growing even throughout uncertain economic times. Visit our web site at http://www.tedpella.com. We are a family-owned and operated Company, with a professional and friendly atmosphere. Ted Pella is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Location:
We are situated in beautiful Redding, CA, an area well-known for outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, boating, fishing, and snow sports. We are surrounded by National Parks, the second-largest reservoir in CA, and plenty of mountains, lakes and streams. Our area offers a nice balance of smaller city life with plenty of shopping, restaurants and culture, all nestled within an incredible rural recreational setting. http://www.visitredding.com/home/about-us
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Final candidates must successfully pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check. To apply please send a cover letter, a complete resume and your salary requirements via email
Job Type: Full-time
- histotechnology: 1 year (Required)
- light microscopy: 1 year (Required)
- hands-on TEM: 1 year (Required)
- CEMT (Preferred)
- HTL (Preferred)