Description of Work:
Collaborate with technical staff to design, configure, develop and maintain an enterprise wide cloud solution. Participate in discussions to understand requirements and objectives. Use the VMware vRealize Suite to deliver IT services through automation and pre-defined policies.
· Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
· Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
Design, configure and provide administration support for the VMware vRealize Cloud Suite of products which includes
· vRealize Automation, Orchestration, Operations - Manager and Life Cycle Manager
Work with various teams to understand processes and determine how to incorporate into the Cloud so they adhere to policy while being streamlined using automation.
Provide Administration support of multi-location, multi-cluster virtual environments.
Configure, implement and support VMWare ESXi v6.5 or higher.
Formulate conclusions about the state of the virtualization environment using various reporting tools
· Develop methodologies and practices to manage and plan system capacity based on projected growth rate to ensure that system performance remains at acceptable levels.
Maintain software versions of the host infrastructure servers to the latest production levels
· keeping compliant with security requirements and standards.
Communicate technical procedures and processes to non-technical users.
Work with teams, vendors and consultants to determine strategy for complex system changes, upgrades and implementations.
· Develop configuration and procedural documentation as necessary.
· Participate in an on-call rotation to provide 24x7 operations support
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 Years of relevant work experience OR Master’s degree and 5 Years of relevant work experience OR a minimum 11+ years of relevant work experience as a Data Center Infrastructure/System Administration in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years performing operations, engineering or development functions in direct support of a broad range of infrastructure services including all of the following: Operating systems, virtualization, network, storage, cloud, cyber, and security.
- 3 years of experience supporting VMware vSphere
- 1 year of experience using vRealize Automation and Orchestrator
ITIL Foundation Certification
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- VMware Certified Professional or some VMware certification
Expertise using vRealize Operations Manager, Life Cycle Manager or Code Stream.
- Experience supporting VMware’s Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
- Experience developing code that integrates with VMware NSX.
- Experience using Github or Bitbucket.
- ServiceNow experience.
- Experience using Ansible.
- Experience using Jira.
- Prior Federal government experience.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $95,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- VMware vSphere: 3 years (Required)
- vRealize Automation and Orchestrator ITIL Foundation: 1 year (Required)