Technical Program Manager Intern - Oracle Veteran Internship Program-190001J1
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Oracle Veteran Internship Program
Technical Program Manager Intern
Seattle, WA (relocation and/or travel not available)
About the Technical Program Manager Intern Position:
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure combines the elasticity and utility of public cloud with the granular control, security, and predictability of on-premises infrastructure to deliver high-performance, high availability and cost-effective infrastructure services. The team is directly responsible with leading all New Region Builds, Region Expansions, New Service Deployments, and ongoing maintenance.
The OCI Center of Excellence is looking for Technical Program Manager - Intern. In this role, you will use your technical and leadership expertise, to run technical projects that are well-defined under supervision.
Required Skills and Experience:
- You will work with OCI Engineering and Product teams to design, develop, implement, launch, and support new solutions and enhancements to existing features
- You will facilitate broad collaboration with clear communications and documentation
- You will contribute to continuous improvement efforts, and identify mechanisms and processes to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MUST BE US Veteran transitioning from active service
- 1+ year experience with development and implementing technical projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- Analytical and solution-oriented background, with great people skills and structured problem solving capabilities
BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Project Management, Product Design or related experience preferred including assisting with:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical background strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Agile/Scrum and software development lifecycle preferred
- Proficiency with JIRA/Confluence preferred
About the Company:
- Effective communication skills with all levels of management
- Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through other internal and external organizations and individuals
- Strong leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to apply independent and sound business judgment to solve complex issues
- Works independently with minimal supervision required and can lead cross-functional teams to complete projects and major initiatives using judgment, experience, and leadership skills
Oracle remains the gold standard for database technology and applications in enterprises throughout the world: With annual revenues greater than US$37.7 billion and more than 430,000 customers— including 100 of the Fortune 100—Oracle is a global provider of enterprise cloud computing. Deployed across industries in more than 175 countries, Oracle empowers business of all sizes on their journey to digital transformation. Oracle Cloud provides leading-edge capabilities in software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and data as a service (DaaS). For more than 35 years, Oracle is the enterprise technology partner that positions companies for tomorrow, today.
About Oracle Veteran Internship Program:
Oracle is proud to sponsor an internship and integration program that exposes transitioning military veterans to the corporate culture, provides hands-on job-skill training and experience, and offers enhanced professional and personal development. At Oracle, we are committed to the development and professional growth of our veterans. Our paid intern program is specifically designed to aid military veterans injured during training missions and military campaigns worldwide in their transition to a career in the private or public sector.
Veterans accepted into our program will work closely with corporate leadership, military veteran coaches and HR professionals to help prepare for a successful transition. Interns will engage in on-the-job training and professional development in fields such as information technology, technical/systems consulting, technical support, facilities, finance, human resources, logistics, marketing, sales or developmental training in sales or for customer support (as available).
Hourly wage is $25 per hour. This is a 40 hour per week position
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
This job code is utilized for the majority of our temporary hires. The individual is performing hourly job duties as defined under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.