Metal fabrication and assembly of floats for airplanes.
The Fabricator/Assembler (F/A) performs simple fabrication and assembly of TSO and PMA parts to company and industry standards and to meet all regulatory requirements.
- High school diploma or GED preferred or actively in school working towards a high school diploma.
- One year of experience in assembly and fabrication preferred.
- Proficiency in working with hand tools and common metal shop tasks.
6:30am-5:00pm, Monday through Thursday
OT occasionally on Friday’s -usually optional, but may be mandatory
Responsibilities and Duties
- Completes safety training prior to starting the job. Maintains awareness of and follows all safety rules, including use of safety equipment such as: safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, gloves, aprons, respirators, machine guards, etc.
- Performs simple fabrication and assembly of float and aircraft parts within industry and company standards and to meet deadlines.
- Measures and shears/cuts raw material to match specifications or sample parts, following instructions.
- Operates equipment and utilizes common hand tools needed to manufacture and assemble parts.
- Inspects all parts for cleanliness and flaws. If flaws exist, corrects them.
- Prepares aircraft parts for painting using chemical conversion process.
- Keeps Production Supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Records time in ERP software and initial work order for each process of assembly.
- Notifies Supervisor of any build or quality issues for resolution.
- Keeps Production Department clean and organized.
- Returns all unused parts with current job.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to perform general arithmetic using various units of measure.
- Able to understand and complete written or verbal instructions. Able to manage problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to learn to use the kind of tools and equipment needed to make the part assigned.
- Able to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Able to meet FAA regulatory and safety requirements in all aspects of the work.
- Work as an effective and proactive team-player; exhibit flexibility and switch priorities in work duties while maintaining a positive attitude; understands the importance of supporting the organization, customers, and other employees.
- Able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work in a fast-paced environment. Able to work with moderate supervision, and solve basic problems effectively and creatively.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Show professional knowledge, proficiency and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- Hear, speak and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization.
- Apply manual dexterity for hand tools and power equipment use.
- Move around the plant area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Use close vision to see small parts and review detailed information, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Hudson staffing offers benefits: Medical, Dental, optical, Term Life, Short term disability and weekly pay!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.50 /hour
Required work authorization: