Exodus Recovery Inc.is a California mental health agency providing quality mental health services across the entire spectrum of care for adults and crisis services for adolescents and children.
Looking for night shift coverage. Terms can be negotiated
Currently seeking a psychiatrist, board certified or eligible to provide services. The candidate must be highly skilled in dealing with the chronically mentally ill and have inpatient psychiatric experience. This position offers malpractice insurance and a full benefit package for full time candidates.
The Medical Director is responsible, in conjunction with the Clinical Director, for planning, implementation, and evaluation so that quality care is provided for the program patients. Further, the Medical Director works with the Medical Staff who admits patients to the program to assure quality of care.
- Support the Hospital vision, mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Assist the appropriate Medical Staff Committee in reviewing and revising Medical Staff Rules and Regulations which pertain to the Service.
- Annually recommends and approves the medical policies and procedures for the Psychiatric Unit. Reviews the nursing procedures for the Psychiatric Unit and makes recommendations as necessary.
- Ensures compliance by the Hospital staff with generally accepted standards of medical practice in the area of psychiatric or chemical dependency disorders.
- Directs and coordinates, either personally or through his physician designee, a weekly interdisciplinary treatment team meeting.
- At his/her discretion, participates in seminars and workshops related to psychiatry in order to provide community education and education about the Psychiatric Unit and mental disorder.
- At his/her discretion, acts as liaison for the Psychiatric Unit to the community groups and medical practitioners.
- Serves on the Psychiatric Committee and as a liaison to other appropriate medical staff committees as requested/appointed by the Chief of Staff.
- Ensures the Psychiatric Utilization Review and Quality Management studies are in compliance with the needs of the Hospital at large. Acts as physician liaison regarding Quality and Utilization issues. Reviews records retrospectively and concurrently.
- Review utilization of services and length of stay of all Behavioral Health patients.
- Ensures that an alternate physician will be available to serve as temporary Medical Director in his absence.
- Available for hospital-wide assistance regarding treatment of patients with psychiatric illness or chemical dependency.
- Monitors professional performance of all program clinically-privileged professional staff.
- Interprets the goals and objectives of the Program, the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and applicable state Codes and Accreditation Standards to the Medical Staff using the program and determines that the Medical staff abide by them.
- Assist with medical records compliance.
- Responsible for acting for the Medical Staff in emergency matters regarding patient care in the absence of the attending staff and their delegates.
- Shall be accessible to the Hospital Clinical Staff by telephone 24-hours a day, and shall inform the Program Director of any planned absences from the Hospital in order that approved arrangements can be made for appropriate delegation of his/her responsibilities.
- Responsible for fostering growth and professional development of program staff, medical Staff and self by participating in the planning and implementation of the in-service training program on the program.
- Develop a minimum of two (2) medical education programs for the Medical Staff in the appropriate role of the service.
- Provide a minimum of two (2) education and in-service instruction programs for the nursing and ancillary personnel in the operation of the Service.
- Meet with department head to review performance improvement, operations, use of personnel, equipment review, policies/procedures, and clinical issues related to Behavioral Health Services. Make recommendations as appropriate.
- Submits monthly documentation of administrative activities and corresponding hours.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state where the program is located.
- Board Certified in Psychiatry or Board Eligible possessing the knowledge and skills comparable to an individual with Board Certification as determined by the Corporate Medical Director.
- Member of the hospital medical staff.
- Experienced in inpatient psychiatric care, well developed skills in integrating individual treatment approaches into treatment milieu, and good working relationships with other attending physicians and other staff.
- Current clinical licensure: MD
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time