- PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT PetSmart.com under the career link located at the bottom of the web site. To follow up on an application please call and speak to a manager! 831-429-2780*
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
ABOUT OUR STORES:
Working at PetSmart is not a job, it’s a community of those who work together for the love of pets. As a PETSMART SALES ASSOCIATE, you aren’t just selling products, you’re helping pet parents find the very best SOLUTIONS for their pets. With your passion for pets and our education, you’ll become a trusted partner to the families at every stage of their pets’ lives. With so many opportunities under one roof, you'll be sure to find a career path that inspires you.
ABOUT OUR TEAMS:
In a store as big as ours, we need all hands (or paws, wings, fins, whatever you have!) on deck to ensure we are operating efficiently. Our stores offer multiple shifts throughout the early morning, day, and evening hours. So, as a PetSmart sales associate, you may be cross-trained in the following areas:
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: You’ll be an essential part of creating sincere connections with pet parents. You’ll welcome them (and their pets!) to the store, facilitate an easy check out process as a cashier and ensure that they found everything they needed.
- PET CARE: You’ll ensure the safety of all living pets our stores—including fish, reptiles, birds, and small animals. You’ll be their family until they get a family of their own; you’ll help to keep them healthy, clean, and well fed! You’ll also engage with pet parents to provide them with the best solutions specifically for their pets.
- MERCHANDISING & INVENTORY: You’ll play an integral role in helping our pet parents find exactly what they need, right when they need it. You’ll execute on merchandising, stocking, and pricing strategies.
ABOUT YOUR CAREER:
And while we’re there for pets at every stage of their lives, we’ll be with you at every stage of your career. With PetSmart, you will have opportunities to:
- Gain experience in a different business unit—from the store to the salon or the Pets Hotel
- Develop your leadership skills as a Department or Assistant Manager role
- Tackle the challenge of a new store opening
- Transfer to any one of our 1600 stores nationwide
THE WARM AND FUZZIES:
We’ve highlighted job responsibilities as best as we could above—but the best parts of working at PetSmart can’t be fully described in the job description.
- It’s the excitement you feel when you help a little one pick out his very first fish. And not just any goldfish, but that one, right there, no not that one, this one, yea!
- It’s the relief Rosie feels when you help her mom select the best food for her upset tummy and her delight when it turns out to be chicken flavored!!
- It’s the pride of the giving Mickey a makeover in our salons watching him strut his stuff on the way out. Paws off, ladies, he’s taken!
- It’s the joy of reuniting Frankie with her family after a fun stay in our Pets Hotel.
- It’s the celebration of Bella’s birthday, Gizmo’s graduation from puppy classes or Ace’s adoption.
- It’s the little things we do that add up to really big things that pets need.
Working at PetSmart is not a job, it’s a community of those who work together for the love of pets.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $13.00 to $18.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail sales/customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
Hours per week:
- Store Discount
- Paid Sick Time
- Repetitive lifting
- Store Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Key Leader
Employees working per shift:
- PetSmart values growth and career development of our associates. We offer a variety of robust training opportunities – including self-paced learning, instructor-led sessions, and on-the-the job development activities. Associates are encouraged to partner with their leader to create individual development plans tailored to specific career goals that allow them to reach their highest potential!
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Cash register/POS systems
- Transactions for multiple payment types, including credit cards and cash
- Basic math skills
- Calculator use
- Basic computer skills