Louisiana Marine Operators is accepting applications for inland deckhands with experience building 6pks-8pks tows.
The Deckhand is directly responsible to the Captain, Relief Captain or Pilot who has authority over all licensed or unlicensed vessel personnel. The Deckhand must have a thorough working knowledge of and be in compliance with all current local, state, and federal regulatory requirements and documentation affecting cargo operations.
Applications can be filled out directly on our website at www.LMOperators.com.
- Work 28 days on 14 days off, 12 hours per day.
- Work directly with vessel crew and shore-side staff to ensure they have the skills and resources necessary to achieve the company’s goals.
- Handles lines, tie up barges
- Make and break tow
- Conduct onboard maintenance, repairs, and upkeep; including but not limited to chipping and painting, cleaning, cooking, oil changes, lubricating machinery and equipment
- To conduct daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual onboard inspections
- Conducts on-site inspections of vessel equipment to determine maintenance and repair needs
- Successful candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
- Prior experience working as a deckhand.
- Must be able to travel, work a rotating schedule and live onboard the vessel
- Must have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (Required)
- Must have a Valid Driver s License (Required).
- Ability to get along with crew members in confined quarters for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand English over telephone and/or radio.
- Must have the right to work in the United States.
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted. Navigate around vessels and project sites which may include climbing, kneeling, crawling, stooping and scaling large heights. Work in all weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of schedules and hours.
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and at night. Willing to take call outs.
Louisiana Marine Operators offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and 401K retirement plan.
Louisiana Marine Operators is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- engine room: 1 year (Preferred)
- deckhand: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- TWIC Card (Required)