Located in Manhattan, The New York Proton Center (NYPC) is one of the most unique and respected clinical partnerships in the world of proton therapy. The collaboration between Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center and Mount Sinai Health System brings state of the art proton therapy treatment to the patients of New York and the surrounding areas. The Consortium is managed by ProHEALTH Medical management, LLC. NYPC has the most advanced proton therapy technology available anywhere worldwide and has enjoyed a record ramp up of patients since the center opened.
Our experienced dosimetry team at NYPC, working in close collaboration with the medical physics team, is comprised of highly motivated, passionate, professional and engaged individuals working together as a dynamic team to deliver an exceptional level of patient care, providing the most advanced proton therapy technology. We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package with flexibility for growth and career advancement.
If you meet the criteria and would like to be a part of our collaborative, innovative and patient focused team, please apply with a cover letter and copy of your resume, or CV, to the current opportunity listed below.
The Certified Medical Dosimetrist, under limited supervision, provides comprehensive treatment plans for patients undergoing proton radiation therapy. The Dosimetrist also designs and implements quality assurance procedures and clinical protocols in accordance with departmental and clinical needs. The successful candidate works closely with physicians, radiation therapists, and medical physicists to provide optimal treatment for our patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce accurate plans with all pertinent setup instructions to deliver treatment as prescribed
- Compute dose distributions and generate isodose curves for proton therapy
- Provide guidance in complex patient setup scenarios, localization and immobilization procedures and fabrication of custom treatment devices as needed
- Design and implement quality assurance and planning procedures
- Actively collaborate with the clinical team to develop and maintain clinical protocols
- Actively collaborate with the clinical team to provide support to physicists in dosimetry calibration, QA, clinical projects and new procedure development
- Actively collaborate with the clinical team to provide support to NYPC training and development programs as well as visiting students, residents and other trainees
- Participate in NYPC training programs for professional development, as well as dosimetry treatment planning and continuing education as required
- Maintain skills to assess and care for patients of all ages
- Reports any process improvement opportunities to the Director of Medical Physic
- Informs Director of Medical Physics of required resources for budgeting purposes
- Opportunities to lead dosimetry training schools and programs for visiting students • Comply with all New York Proton Center policies related to Privacy Rules established under the Health Information Privacy and Portability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in physics, or related fields
- Certification by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (MDCB)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work flow
- Experience with Oncology Information Systems (OIS)/ Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Treatment Planning System (TPS), specifically Aria (Eclipse / Velocity) is preferred
- Proton Treatment planning experience is preferred; otherwise at least two years photon Treatment Planning experience is desirable.
Exposures to hazardous risks include radiation exposure (under the ALARA principle), potential exposure to infectious and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment and chemicals. Potential for bodily injury due to lifting. Required to follow universal precautions. Exposure to cleaning / sterilization agents. Hazards will be minimal if proper safety precautions are utilized. Work is mainly performed in an area with no natural light, and in close proximity to other team members.
The New York Proton Center (NYPC) strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.