What You'll Do:
Core Software Group seeks an experienced Engineer to join the Routing/Overlays team to help transform the industry by building scalable routing solutions for Fabric Topologies. The team is made of a group of passionate routing and programmability developers with diversity of skill sets from routing protocols to GUI. Requires use of a strong background in SW design, documentation and implementation, on projects that may include any of the following list of responsibilities and skills.
What you’ll do:
* Work closely with other SW and HW Engineers to develop and support Routing/Overlay software
* Design, and determine product direction
* Represent your team with other Cisco departments, customers, and industry
* Author product and project specifications
* Partner with Management Team in defining and planning projects
* Take a lead role in Cisco¹s Patent Program
* Work with Cisco other technical leads and industry leads to understand customer needs, and devise solutions for, with respect to device manageability.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
* Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple products.
* Ability to effectively present technological concepts to a wide audience.
* Ability to influence the development of industry wide standards.
* Exercises good judgement determining how to best achieve technical objectives of assignment.
* Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
* Excellent teamwork and people skills
* Programming experience (C, C++ ), script languages (Perl, Python)
* Familiarity with Unix/Linux
* Experience working on embedded systems
* MSCS/BSCS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related major
* 4+ years of experience in Computer Products Development
* Experience with OS internals or virtualization software.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.