COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE $$$
Outstanding opportunity for a dynamic and seasoned leader to leverage your accumulated knowledge and core tenants to drive operational excellence in safety and risk management for a $250M+ industry leader in ground protection systems serving Electrical Transmission and Oil & Gas Industries. The Vice President - Health, Safety, Security, & Environment (HSSE), reports directly to the President and is the top safety position within the organization. This is a challenging environment with employees “in the field” in a construction environment as well as fixed manufacturing and materials handling facilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with President and senior leadership to develop corporate objectives and goals.
- Define the metrics to be used-associated with measuring success of the safety processes.
- Assess the current state and align the organizations diverse safety needs, working to develop, communicate, and implement the appropriate and effective HSSE processes and procedures (future state).
- Distill plans and processes to correct “gaps” providing coherent and executable plans.
- Measure the effectiveness of the processes and the achievement of objectives
- Develop appropriate worker engagement and training strategies and tactics.
- Develop, lead, and guide the WC loss and claims management process.
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in similar environments culminating in 3-5 years of executive level guidance and leadership of the EHS processes.
- Proven track record of process and operational improvement
- Minimum - BS/BA in relevant field
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
- Strong business acumen, detail orientated, ability to effectively utilize analytics to drive business results with an entrepreneurial nature.
- Demonstrated expertise to collaborate with teams on projects with a working knowledge of safety rules and regulations across all relevant codes and statutes.
Job Type: Full-time
- safety: 10 years (Required)
- Osha: 10 years (Required)