Join our growing team today!
ASM is a leading, global supplier of semiconductor process equipment for wafer processing. We deliver innovative technology solutions to the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers. We are a dynamic, growing company and provide ground breaking solutions that are helping to make semiconductor devices smaller, faster and more powerful.
ASM International NV is headquartered in the Netherlands. Our over 1,700 employees are based in 14 countries, including the United States, Europe, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. We benefit from this diverse perspective and the advantages of bringing together the best brains in the world to create new breakthroughs, turning today’s challenges into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Seeking a Software Configuration Engineer to develop and support processes and procedures for maintaining software version and configuration control for operational systems.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent technical field of study. Alternative engineering discipline would be considered.
Experience in a role configuring software applications, managing software versioning or providing configuration management responsibilities in a software development environment.
Experience with a company engaged in the manufacture of complex equipment with integrated software control is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle and processes
- Understanding of Software Configuration Management (SCM) practices including: branching, merging and versioning
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn to operate new software control applications and configuration utilities
- Advanced PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, high level knowledge of Excel, file comparison utilities, software design items that drive forwards/backwards compatibility, etc.
- Experience with embedded systems (analog and digital IO, data networks, etc.)
- Excellent system quality assurance methodology
- Understanding of software and system testing
- Experienced in troubleshooting (embedded or other software systems)
- Ability to understand the “big picture design” and how one change can affect the system
- Methodical and organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent documentation and writing abilities
- Understanding of Human Factors engineering
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface with internal customers
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- A multi-tasking, ambitious team player approach is essential
- Self-driven with the desire to achieve measurable, specific results within tight time frames
General Job Description
Works independently, but receives direction from Platform Engineering Manager in the form of goals and objectives - either written or verbal - to achieve the following:
- Learn the system operation which includes the mechanical, electrical and software functionality
- Use a suite of software configuration utilities to configure all features of continually evolving system software
- Create, change and control software configurations for operational systems
- Work with internal customers to process and schedule configuration change requests, ensuring feasibility and compatibility with the given customer hardware and software configuration
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of software package delivery to customers
- Implement Software Configuration Management (SCM) policies and procedures
- Perform configuration management tasks to ensure the configuration of new software features is sustainable and properly documented
- Implement processes for the controlled and aligned progression of software and configuration changes in a production environment
- Identify, prioritize and drive implementation of continual improvement for the Configuration Management process
- Communicate Configuration Management processes and changes to relevant parties
- Track configuration change requests and deliveries in order to periodically assess process execution and effectiveness
- Create knowledge base documentation and manage repository of configuration documentation
- Be a point of contact for engineering support on system configuration from internal groups
- Work collaboratively with all participants in software development projects
ASM is a public company traded on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. You can find more ASM information and career opportunities on: www.asm.com
ASM is an equal opportunities employer and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization
Job Type: Full-time