Nexcelom Bioscience LLC is a developer and marketer of image cytometry products for cell analysis in life science and biomedical research. Products range from cell viability counters (Cellometer) to high throughput microwell image cytometry workstations (Celigo), used in thousands of research laboratories in academic institutes and biotech companies. The company contributes to the life science industry through innovation and expertise in the science of cell counting. The product family includes instruments consumables and reagents. Nexcelom customers engage in a variety of research, including cancer research, immunology, stem cell research, neuroscience etc.
Nexcelom Bioscience is a fast-growing company in a huge market. With its headquarters and manufacturing facilities in the Boston area, the company currently has around 95 global employees who are fast-paced, customer centric, helpful to colleagues and customers and passionate to make an impact in life science.
We are seeking a Requirements Engineer based in our Lawrence, MA headquarters. As the Requirements Engineer you will be asked to learn about our current features and services and take on the internal customer role for defining and documenting translating customer requirements into system requirements. In this role, you must be energetic, creative and a highly motivated individual to support a broad array of engineering, integration and strategic initiatives for the growth of our business.
- Capture, analyze, document and manage requirements, ensuring full traceability between all levels of requirements and associated documentation.
- Partner with Product managers to translate customer requirements into system/software specifications, and user interface requirements, for new and improved products and features.
- Work with the product development team to document product architecture and requirements specifications.
- Work closely with subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Communicate architecture designs with internal and external parties involved in our projects and document outcomes.
- Support Business Development and Proposal activities for technical compliance reviews.
- Additional system engineering functions as needed.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and/or task and workflow analysis.
- Participate in peer reviews of requirements documents, and work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process. Assist with the development or improvement of the organization's requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
- Implement ways to reuse requirements across projects and products as applicable.
- An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice.
- An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several software development life cycles in a team environment.
- Knowledge and working experience in an Agile environment preferred
- Familiarity with hardware, software and firmware requirements experienced preferred
- Ability to use requirements building and traceability tools
- 5-8 years of experience in the area of System Engineering with successful demonstration of key responsibilities, knowledge and skills as presented above.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Life Science tools industry experienced strongly preferred
- Experience with requirements analysis and system specification
- Strong communication, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to lead, deliver on time, partner and created relationships in a semi-autonomous environment
- Software Architect / Development experience a plus.
- Succeed and thrive in a fast paced, iterative environment
- Ability to travel occasionally
No Recruiters or solicitors please
Nexcelom is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an applicant or employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time