The Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist will be responsible for coordinating NPF’s communication center including answering telephones and greeting visitors. The Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist will provide general office coordination including, supply inventory, equipment maintenance records, special events. The Administrative Assistant/ will provide general support to HR special projects as needed and will support the technology functions in ADP Workforce Now.
Essential Job Duties:Communications/Reception:
- Provides front-desk support, including answering incoming calls to the main NPF phone line, accepting packages, retrieving and directing visitors.
- Greets all guests in a positive professional manner.
- Fields questions from incoming callers and determines appropriate staff to assist them when necessary.
- Keeps the staff telephone directory updated and circulates it via a hyperlink in an email on the first business day of each month. Coordinates with HR to gather all new hire information including staff photo for staff directories.
- Manages NPF’s SharePoint homepage to keep content updated.
- Works with HR to ensure new hires are properly oriented to office procedures, such as supply orders, use of equipment, conference room scheduling, etc.
- Coordinates and schedules special events with the HR team including external events.
- Coordinates the meeting activities for special committees i.e. Wellness and Green teams.
- Maintains ADP Workforce homepage and updates to the site as directed.
- Maintains birthday and hire-date anniversary list and other demographic lists.
- Orders flowers, baskets, etc. as requested.
- Other duties as may be assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Serves as liaison with vendors and service providers for office equipment such as copiers, and postage meter. Serves as the in-house ‘super user’ and/or administrator for office equipment. Orders repair service and supplies when necessary if under warranty or service contract; solicits estimate/information for major repairs or purchase.
- Maintains NPF conference room schedules and a/v requests.
- Coordinates Kastle guest management system to ensure guests are registered to enter suite.
- Coordinates the Argus system to notify building maintenance for required repairs and services.
- Assists with catering requests and coordinates logistics and access requirements.
- Orders and maintains supplies. Tracks available supplies, suggests ‘routine’ supplies and changes, codes vendor invoices for special supply orders, etc.
- Administers mailroom activities to include the following: maintaining supplies, liaison with USPS, FedEx, etc., sorting and delivering incoming mail and faxes internally, and overseeing the processing of outgoing mail including recording of charges on postage meters.
- Schedules conference rooms upon request from staff.
- Makes copies, faxes and distributes documents as needed.
- Assures that the shared office space is organized and that all machines have been loaded with paper, staples, etc. and ready for next day business operations.
- Maintains office vendor contacts; keeps updated and easily accessible for staff reference.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability in providing administrative support in office setting;
- Understanding of general office protocol;
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Professional telephone manner;
- Knowledge of basic office equipment;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, clients, and staff both in verbal and written form;
- Have the ability to handle confidential sensitive matters;
- Must be able to prioritize, work well in a fast-paced environment and exercise good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Four-year college degree preferred. Equivalent secondary education and experience considered.
- At least 1 year of experience in administrative support role required. Non-profit organization experience desired but not required.
- On average, the individual filling this position will spend 75% of their time working at a desk in a typical office environment; 25% of their time walking, standing and moving about office suite and conference rooms. Repetitive movement of hands, arms for typing, writing and filing. Will require ability to Able to lift and carry 15 lbs. minimum of 25 yards, stand for no less than quarter hour increments, use handset on telephone.