Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Steele is a global compliance intelligence firm offering comprehensive third-party due diligence and software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that help organizations comply with regulatory requirements and align with industry best practices. With more than 26 years of experience, Steele provides software and services to Fortune 1000 companies with engagements in over 190 countries. For additional information please visit our website at: www.steeleglobal.com.
Steele is looking for a talented Software Quality Assurance Engineer who is serious about quality to join our Austin team. The SQA Engineer works closely with the software development team to ensure all acceptance criteria is tested and passes required thresholds. The SQA Engineer also works to ensure a comprehensive set of automated regression tests are developed, executed, results tracked, and defects reported.
- Analyze system requirements and identify testing strategies that maximize test coverage and/or improve system reliability and performance Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Design, code, maintain and execute automated test scripts with PHP, PHPUnit, Node.js, Selenium, SauceLabs or similar tools, as well perform manual application testing, as needed
- Review acceptance criteria to ensure they are thorough and able to be tested
- Design automated tests to run on multiple browsers (Chrome, IE, FF, Safari). Tests must be scalable and designed for reuse
- Create automated test scripts with MySQL databases which handles data input and data validations
- Work closely with development, product management and other departments as needed
- Day to day hands-on testing running test scripts manually and by creating automated tests
- Functional troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Track, report and verify software defects to ensure the resolution of issues found based on failed test results
- Identify process gaps and provide clear industry standard solutions
- Four-year college or university education required, preferably in a technical discipline such as computer science or engineering.
- 5 - 8 years of overall testing experience
- 3+ years of hands on experience using a testing tools such as SauceLab, TestComplete, Selenium or TestArchitect to create automated tests.
- Must have experience writing PHP integration test scripts executed by PHPUnit
- Experience with source code version control tools
- Must have strong organizational skills, pay attention to detail, excellent verbal, written, interpersonal skills, and work well with team members
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
- Must be a self-starter, able to design and develop test scripts from the ground up
- Experience implementing a CI/CD framework in a cloud environment
Desired Skills and Experience
- Docker container experience
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall
- Strong SQL capabilities, load and data driven testing
- Automation experience within a node environment
- Proficient with continuous development tools and build tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- $90K - $95K annual base salary, depending on experience
We value our employees’ time and efforts. In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer competitive compensation, medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year