Dwolla is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Des Moines and has been recognized nationally by Fast Company as “one of the world’s most innovative companies”. Joining the team at Dwolla means you will be entering a unique, open, and fast-paced working environment, either in our Des Moines or San Francisco offices. You will join our team supporting the value layer of the internet.
As the VP of Finance, you will be responsible for Dwolla’s financial planning and risk management strategies. Leading a team of high-performing finance professionals, you’ll guide the development of Dwolla's long-term strategy by providing timely insights into operational results, trends, and growth drivers. In addition to owning the company's annual planning process and providing oversight to its accounting functions, you will implement enhancements to Dwolla’s financial infrastructure, enabling deeper insights into company performance. You will also help the business build decision-making discipline by aligning Sales and Marketing resources with growth opportunities. The ideal candidate will have have a proven track record of being an exceptional leader, a strong cross-functional collaborator, and an innovative, strategic thinker who can find the opportunities for upside.
- Manage and grow Dwolla’s Finance team, composed of high-performing finance and accounting professionals.
- Lead long-term financial planning and analysis including budgeting, forecasting, resource management and multi-year financial plans.
- Partner with the Leadership team to evaluate and set company strategy, providing expertise on financial drivers, opportunities, risks, and trade-offs.
- Provide financial modeling and analysis for company initiatives and new product development to assess ROI, risks/rewards, go-to-market assumptions, costs, etc.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc analysis and reporting to the Leadership team and Board, ensuring a high degree of quality, timeliness, accuracy, and business insight.
- Oversee accounting operations, including monthly accounting close, accounts payable, accounts receivable, ACH operations, system reconciliation, and payroll.
- Oversee financial and operational internal controls and procedures, as well as the design, implementation and operating effectiveness of appropriate policies.
- Improve and scale financial systems, tools, and processes by evaluating and implementing new technology and policies.
- Oversee external firms in the preparation of financial documents and tax filings, and the performance of audits.
- Provide strategic guidance on capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Build out Dwolla’s treasury management function to manage and optimize cash flow.
- Advise on compensation strategy including equity and bonus planning.
- 10+ years of finance leadership experience in a high growth SaaS business. Expert in SaaS metrics.
- CPA or master’s degree in finance preferred.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and key accounting principles, FP&A, budgeting, financial modeling, and financial reporting.
- Highly analytical with strong business acumen, able to transition easily between the strategic and the detailed.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate complex financial matters to diverse audiences.
- Excellent organization skills, proven track record of accuracy and timeliness.
- Strong Excel and financial systems skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience building and leading a business intelligence/analytics team.
- Experience scaling a finance operation beyond $100M+ ARR.
- Global operations and/or M&A experience.
At Dwolla, we value diversity and hold the core belief that the best teams are built by the inclusion of diverse ideas, experiences, and people.
Join our team and bring your unique perspective to help build the ideal platform to move money.