Retail Banking Division
In 1948, Carver Federal Savings Bank was founded in New York City to serve African- and Caribbean-American communities that had been excluded from mainstream financial services. More than 65 years later, we remain dedicated to community development and financial inclusion. We are publicly traded and among the largest African-American managed banks in the country. Based in Harlem, we primarily serve low- to moderate-income communities in the New York City metro area. We reinvest more than 80% of our deposit base back into the communities we serve. As we look to the future, Carver seeks to grow and become a premier financial institution, fueled by exceptional products, services, technology, and customer experience. That is where you come in. To help our bank reach the next level, we seek a talented, motivated, innovative, and proven compliance leader to join our executive team.
The Community Relationship Bankers are the “frontline sales force”. Their responsibilities include acquiring new clients, cross selling, community outreach/development, and retention and portfolio management. They are required to understand, enforce and be coached on the Bank's sales process. This position is critical to the sales-generation and customer service of the branch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Sales Process:
- Execute the STARS sales process, which includes the use of Your Money Map, cross-sell, 10 day follow-up call.
- Develop and execute an individual sales plan for every portfolio customer involving tactics for growing the relationship.
- Responsible to achieve individual sales goals/targets, toward the achievement of branch-wide new acquisition, deposit growth, fee income, referral, and cross-sell targets.
- Acquire New Clients – Demonstrate growth by acquiring new customers thru outbound calling, engaging customers, and following thru on teller referrals.
- Cross sell additional products and services to existing customers.
- Customer Outreach/Development – Schedule appointments and perform on-site visits or perform outbound telephone calls to community members/businesses to discuss financial solutions; a minimum of two visits/calls with community organizations per week.
- Leverage existing customers to uncover their financial needs by reviewing current relationship, identifying solutions and discussing options with the customers. Portfolio Management – Pro-actively work with an assigned group of customers to deepen their financial relationships by effectively cross-selling other products and services or referring to business partners.
- Plan and conduct outbound telephone calls to portfolio customers and/or prospects a minimum of one hour three days per week. Complete account opening process ensuring appropriate ID is obtained, signature cards completed.
- Follow up with customer's post-account opening at the following intervals: 10 days, 6 weeks and three months.
- Fulfill customer service requests to ensure customer satisfaction and retention
- Identify sales opportunities by turning a service issue into a sale (especially life event changes).
- Promote alternate channel delivery (Online Banking, Debit Card, ATM ) making day-to-day banking more convenient for customers.
- Responsible to perform service behaviors as measured in the bank Customer Service Shopper Program, toward the achievement of maximum customer satisfaction and the highest branch ratings.
- Open new financial relationships
- Deepen existing financial relationships thru cross-selling
- Sales referrals to internal partners (e.g. Lending Group, Investment Group)
- Set appointments for account reviews
- Outbound telephone calling
Background / Experience:
- Adheres to sales processes and action plans
- Listens to and acts upon instructions
- Demonstrates accountability
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Team oriented
- Microsoft Excel and Word experience preferred
- 2 Year College Degree preferred
- Minimum two years in a sales position preferred
- Some type of retail experience preferred
- Knowledge of various bank products, services, regulations and compliance procedures
- Notary of Public preferred