Houston Medical Imaging is looking to hire an X-Ray technician to provide quality patient care under the direction of the radiologist, and canter manager. The technician must be RT licensed and able to perform a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative in all diagnostic imaging procedures, assume responsibility for all designated areas of procedures as required, and providing support in other areas. Must be able to communicate with patients, radiologists, staff members, and all other internal/external customers.
- Must be willing to work four 10 hour shifts per week (days vary) from 7:30 AM-6:30 PM
- Pay Scale: Determined based on experience
- Ability to assist in lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds, and places them in appropriate positions for operation of equipment
- Requires standing and mobility for extended periods of time.
Essential Job Functions
- Tech must me able to complete fluoroscopy procedures. Fluoroscopyis a type of medical imaging that shows a continuous X-ray image on a monitor, much like an X-ray movie. During a fluoroscopy procedure, an X-ray beam is passed through the body
- Use beam-restrictive devices and patient-shielding techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and staff
- Position x-ray equipment and adjust controls to set exposure factors, such as time and distance
- Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician
- Follows physicians’ orders precisely and conforms to safety regulations to protect themselves, patients, and coworkers
- Make exposures necessary for the requested procedures, rejecting and repeating work that does not meet established standards.
- Process exposed radiographs using film processors or computer generated methods.
- Explain procedures to patients to reduce anxieties and obtain cooperation.
- Prepare and set up x-ray room for patient.
Maintain records of patients examined, examinations performed, views taken, and technical factors used in a Radiology Information System (RIS).
- Provide assistance to physicians or other technologists in the performance of more complex procedures.
- Monitor equipment operation and report malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Provide students and other technologists with suggestions of additional views, alternate positioning or improved techniques to ensure the images produced are of the highest quality
- Coordinate work of other technicians or technologists when procedures require more than one person
- Maintain a current file of examination protocols
- Operate digital picture archiving communications systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Satisfactory completion of formal radiology technology training in an accredited school.
- RT & ARRT certified
- State license, if applicable
- Maintains active status of position and license/certification by continued education requirements as set forth by the policies and procedures.
- One year experience in fluoroscopy & radiology technology
Why Houston Medical Imaging?
Houston Medical Imaging is a physician owned and operated outpatient diagnosis facility that has been taking care of patients in Houston since 1998. Our focus is to provide quality imaging services using state-of-the-art equipment and sub-specialist radiologists in a caring, compassionate environment. We take great pride in providing the highest standard of care to our patients and extend that care to our employees. We offer benefits that include health/dental/vision insurance and 401k. We welcome you to learn more about us and hope that you will find our company to be a great fit!
Job Type: Full-time
- RT (X-ray) Tech: 1 year
- fluoroscopy: 1 year