Brief Description of PSU/School/Dept
The College of Urban & Public Affairs advances public affairs and policy in the community, region, state and beyond. We prepare leaders in public and nonprofit fields through high quality academic and professional programs that span urban planning, governance and public administration, economics and international and global studies. We create knowledge to inform public policy, stimulate innovation, and assess impact.
The Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice features a large, undergraduate program, including an extensive fully-online pathway, an on-campus graduate program, a research institute (CJPRI), active
engagement with community partners, and ongoing collaborations with units within the College of Urban and Public Affairs and the university.
The Criminology & Criminal Justice (CCJ) Marketing Manager has responsibility for planning, developing, executing, and monitoring the marketing efforts of the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice. The position’s primary focus is on new student recruitment for the Criminology & Criminal Justice Online (CCJO) undergraduate degree program. The CCJ Marketing Manager’s efforts are largely focused on digital marketing, with a more limited emphasis on more traditional marketing strategies.
The CCJ Marketing Manager is the only marketing position in the CCJ Department but operates in close collaboration with CCJO program leadership in all phases of the marketing efforts. This is a 30 hour per week salaried position, offering full benefits and retirement.
- BA/BS with 3+ years of related experience or Master’s with 1+ year of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing, including managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Experience managing websites and Google Analytics.
- Highly organized and proficient project management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Knowledge of website analytics tools.
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
- Working knowledge of HTML development and constraints.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
Key Cultural Competencies
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Adheres to all PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.
Work Days/Hours 30 hours per week, weekday work hours negotiable. Total Compensation Range & Benefits Statement
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be between $49,116 and $65,000 (between $36,837 and $48,750 at 30 hours per week), dependant upon qualifications and experience.
PSU pays 95% of premiums for you and your eligible dependents’ comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage. The Public Employee Benefits Board (PEBB) gives you a choice of plans with co-pays and/or deductibles which are your responsibility. You are automatically enrolled in $5,000 basic life insurance and covered through Medex, a travel insurance benefit.
A generous retirement plan is available, with a choice between the Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (PERS/OPSRP) or an Optional Retirement Plan (ORP.) PERS offers you a two-component retirement plan: the Pension Program, which is a defined benefit plan, and the Individual Account Program (IAP), which is a defined contribution plan. The ORP offers you a more portable plan and the choice of directing your own investments with a selection of mutual funds. An employer match up to 4% is available. (With maximum 4% employer match.)
Vacation accrual at 11.25 hours per month; sick leave accrual at 6 hours per month; nine paid federal holidays per year.
Reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
You can learn more about the benefits package at https://www.pdx.edu/hr/benefits.
Additional Application Instructions (deadlines, etc.)
To apply, please submit resume, a cover letter detailing your qualifications for this position, and contact information for three professional references.
References will be contacted for finalists of this position.
Does this position require the employee to drive a motor vehicle? No
Background Check Required No
Position End Date (if applicable)
If you have questions
For position-related inquiries, please contact CCJO Director, Laura Hickman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Close Date
Projected Close Date for Posting Open Until Finalists Identified
Application screening begins 05/18/2018