The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual with a strong air transportation skill set, capable of developing compelling value propositions that foster strong relationships. This position is responsible for generating new revenue through strategically targeting businesses with a moderate to high freight volume. The Regional Sales Manager will prepare selling campaigns to target accounts making physical cold calls, telephone prospecting, email, and internet marketing. The Regional Sales Manager will perform comprehensive needs analysis, cost analysis, and make formal presentations to multiple decision makers.
Desired Skills and Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers by phone.
- Qualify and uncover customer needs by observation of processes, use of questions, and other methods to determine potential.
- Displays or demonstrates services and tools to prospects and clients emphasizing features / solutions to uncovered customer needs.
- Goal oriented, takes ownership of established portfolio goals and focuses on meeting those goals.
- Establishes price to be charged to clients and explains credit terms.
- Secures appropriate documents and forms including credit applications and transportation management agreements.
- Updates to customer relationship management (CRM) software, Mondays.com on a regularly basis
- Prepares/submits all required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Works with inside sales department to assist in securing new business and pass leads to Inside Sales for prospects that fit this channel.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Decision Makers after sale is made.
- Investigates and resolves customer issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10 Year Of Successful Industry Experience With A Proven Book Of Business and Track Record
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- International Freight Forwarding: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule