BBYO Wellness Center Administrator
Perlman Summer Camp:
Lake Como, PA
BBYO is the leading pluralistic, Jewish teen movement and has been providing exceptional leadership programs and identity enrichment experiences for more than 90 years. We offer year-round activities in hundreds of local communities and inspiring world-wide travel experiences enabling teens to explore areas of leadership, service, civic engagement, Israel education and Jewish values. Learn more about BBYO's summer and travel programs at http://bbyo.org/teens/experiences/summer .
About Perlman Summer Camp:
BBYO runs two back to back teen leadership programs for six weeks- International Leadership Training Conference (ILTC) and International Kallah. ILTC participants often become the top leaders of the BBYO teen movement, gaining skills in recruitment, program planning and civic engagement. Kallah is a Jewish learning and spirituality institute that inspires teens to explore their Jewish identities and interests in a diverse, pluralistic setting encouraging questioning and experimentation. Kallah participants gain important Judaic skills and come away feeling a deeper connection to Jewish study, Israel and community. Throughout the summer we will have 260 teens at each program with approximately 100 staying for both programs.
Key Position Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Manage overall day to day operations of the health center in accordance with BBYO Policies
- Coordinate all nurses schedules for on time, night on---call and days off
- Support nursing team
- Follow health center operating procedures including medication distribution, clinic calls, first and last day check in/out, lice check, doctor visits
- Work with nurses and camp director to communicate with parents regarding health care of their child
- Responsible for maintaining up to date camper and staff records daily, as well as database management overall
- Meet with Camp Director and nurses daily to discuss health center issues (staff, camper, parents)
- Work with other leadership staff to ensure health center protocols are upheld
- Work with nurses to set up and close the health center facility for the session
- Assists medical team in appropriate ways – triaging during clinic call, emergency situations and passing medicines
- Record/Update all MAR's daily
- Set up external doctor's appointments and prepare all paperwork for each visit
- Passion for working with campers and staff in a residential camp setting
- Excellent relationship management skills and customer service mindset
- Flexible, problem solver with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Team player, ability to work independently as well as part of a team, creative, proactive, persistent, enthusiastic and fun to be around
- Organized and capable of multi-tasking in and demanding administrative environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and databases with the ability to learn other technology as required
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must reside on-site at camp in Lake Como, PA during the program
The job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the Director, who reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Candidates should be personable; nurturing; comfortable with teenagers; and comfortable communicating with parents regarding specific medical concerns and issues. Candidates should have experience working in a school or camp environment with children and/or teenagers.
All positions are seasonal.
Dates and Availability:
ILTC (Session 1):
June 23 – July 17, 2019
Kallah (Session 2):
July 14 – August 6, 2019
Full Summer (Preferred):
June 23 – August 6, 2019
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, please go to – www.bbyo.org/careers.