WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Continental is looking for a standout Global Event Producer who wants to be part of a team dedicated to outstanding customer service, the highest professional standards, and a commitment to delivering flawless quality. We’re especially looking for someone who thrives while collaborating, loves building relationships and seeks open communication. A perfect culture fit would be someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and be part of a polished team, delighting guests, every meal, every day.
WHO YOU ARE
The Metro Detroit Venues Global Event Producer are valuable members of our team who:
- Is integral member of the sales, with a basic of knowledge of food and beverage and constantly delivers
- Acts as a brand ambassador embodying our core value and guiding principles
- Is interested in growing within a dynamic team
- Is committed to excellence
- Works best in a creative, collaborative environment
Sound like you? Let’s chat.
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
- Salary Position $40k, plus commission
- Growth opportunities
- Total Rewards Benefits Package with full medical benefits, parental leave and 401(k) match
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- A people-first environment where doing meaningful, fulfilling work is central and a rewarding team dynamic is essential
WHO WE ARE
Backed by a tireless commitment to high quality, innovative culinary offerings and unparalleled client and guest services, Continental consistently ranks among the top contract dining and refreshment providers in the nation according to Food Management Magazine, the industry’s source for food service news and trends.
Delight our guest. Every meal. Every day.
We Are Curious.
Bold, original thinking, and an innate curiosity for what’s new and next drives us to shake things up and create remarkable experiences.
We Dream Big.
We embrace the unknown and adventures big and small, individually and collectively. By being proactive and continuously striving for more, we continue to grow personally and professionally. And we’re not afraid to dig into a challenge.
We Champion Each Other.
Collaboration, teamwork, and trust aren’t just buzzwords to us—they truly define our culture.
We’re committed to cultivating an environment where everyone feels welcome at the table, from our team members to our guests. Because we know the best results happen when all perspectives are shared, and all voices are heard.
We do more than just dish up great meals. Continental creates memorable experiences every day at our markets, corporate cafés, premier events and more. If hospitality is in your DNA, if you’re passionate about making a difference, if you’re searching for a place where you can grow, we’re looking for you.
Continental is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Global Event Producer will be successful when:
Memorable events produced are an unforgettable experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own client communication post-signing for all events at the Mint as well as Corporate/Internal events at the Detroit Opera House, Waterview Loft at Port Detroit, and Chroma
- Schedule and execute client’s venue walk-throughs while capturing event
- Distribute timely and accurate BEO’s to ensure a seamless event for both the guests and internal operations
- Participate in BEO meetings
- Communicate with culinary regarding menu updates, custom menu needs, special requests, and dietary restrictions
- Create floor plans and diagrams for all events using Social Tables
- Communicate event changes in a timely manner to relevant operating teams
- Accept client drop off items and fill out drop off form to ensure proper communication to service team and day of coordinator
- Introduce client week-of their event, to their designated Event Manager, who will be the day-of contact
- Attend events based on client needs to ensure operations is running smoothly and meeting clients’ expectations
- Collaborate with Event Coordinators to create new interesting ideas, SOPs, and more to ensure company and department growth
- Assist sales team by taking site tours with potential clients at various venue when needed during the week and or weekends
- Assist sales team by responding to sales inquiries
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new, existing, and returning clients. Document conversations and plans for potential future business
- Secure repeat business and support client retention by providing excellent guest service during the detailing stages
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business, Marketing, Hospitality Management or equivalent work experience in the industries required
- Prior administrative, customer service or hospitality industry required
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Suite i.e., Outlook required
- Prior sales or event industry experience preferred
- Proficient in Salesforce, Caterease and Social Tables preferred
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodation.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Continental reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Continental or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It’s not intended to be all inclusive.
We prioritize the health, wellness and work-life balance of our associates and designed our comprehensive compensation packages to reflect that. Full-time associates are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, parental leave, 401(k) with company match, at-work dining perks, flexible schedules, generous PTO, and a total rewards program. Employees can also use our inclusive employee assistance program. Location-specific perks may also include wellness programming, on-the-job training, corporate-hosted courses, certifications and team events.
To ensure we protect our team members and the integrity of our company, all associates are required to go through a background check prior to starting with the company. The background check will include validation of information supplied on the application, criminal history, and drug screening. Depending on the nature of the position, additional checks such as driving history, physical ability, or credit check may also be required.
Continental is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person