FSLA/EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full-Time (37.5 hours/week); Exempt
CPWD is a Center for Independent Living (CIL), which is a cross‑disability, consumer‑directed, nonresidential private nonprofit agency operated in a local region by individuals with disabilities, providing various independent living services. At least 51% of our staff and Board are people with disabilities. Join us!
The Mission of the Center for People with Disabilities is to provide resources, information and advocacy to assist people with disabilities in overcoming barriers to independent living. CPWD's goal is an integrated community that equally welcomes all members. The Center for People with Disabilities works so that people with disabilities may live independently. We believe that there is nothing more disabling than pity.
Here are some details about our ideal candidate. Does this describe you?
- It’s important for you to do work that you find meaningful.
- You have concrete experience with managing staff and overseeing, developing, and strengthening multiple programs/services.
- You’re confident with budgets & billing, outreach, and being a leader.
- You have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people with disabilities.
The Program Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities to strengthen and further develop CPWD’s existing fee-for-service programs, as well as developing revenue generating services into new programs and/or new geographical areas. This position manages the day-to-day operations, personnel, outreach, and reporting for several key CPWD fee producing programs and services, such as the Veterans Independence Program, Employment Program, and Post-Transition services.
This position is a senior manager, a member of CPWD’s Executive Team, and is expected to work closely and collaboratively with the Executive Team members. As such, should be a team-oriented, outcome-focused individual with both programmatic, financial, and people management skills. Duties may include additional projects or assignments delegated by Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program Quality Control & Expansion: Work closely with the Executive Director to develop overall program vision and the development of quality programs and staff. This position must be actively involved in developing a plan for each program that includes timelines and strategies to strengthen and expand existing fee-for-service programs; research, conduct outreach, develop and implement new fee generating opportunities to serve populations with disabilities with innovative, value-added services, consistent with CPWD’s Strategic Plan and policies. Fee-for-service programs should generate a sustainable and fair revenue stream to run at a surplus, sufficient to fund fixed and administrative costs.
- Lead Independent Fee Generating Services: Ensure quality performance of personnel and programs, develop and implement program budgets, and monitor the performance of the programs in light of legal/federal/program-specific guidelines, as well as the requirements of stakeholders, in line with Best Practices. This position should be well versed in the Independent Living Philosophy and endeavor to integrate IL practices that recognize the self-direction and dignity of all CPWD consumers.
- Responsible for ensuring excellent consumer service for the agency by assisting staff and consumers as needed. Interact and communicate effectively with state and community entities for the purpose of networking, advocacy, program quality, and general Center promotion. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and the public.
- Staff Management: Oversee the recruitment, training, evaluation and oversight of staff members, ensuring employees have what they need to fulfill their job duties. Complete annual evaluations, as well as assisting in the process of developing job descriptions, implement and monitor staff goals, and provide general staff support as needed. This position is responsible for setting priorities, time management, and delivery of high quality services in a cost effective and fee generating manner.
- Work closely with the Accounting Department to support accurate and timely billing.
- Work closely with the Director of Core Services to ensure consistency in the service delivery to consumers, data recording, and strong collaboration between grant funded and fee generating services.
- Travel as needed for trainings, conferences, outreach events and meetings. Expected to spend time at all three CPWD offices each week.
- Participate in CPWD staff meetings and staff trainings.
- Provide backup for the Executive Director, other Executive Team members, and direct reports as needed and requested.
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment that welcomes diversity and embraces cross-disabilities of staff and consumers.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Associate’s degree in a relevant field, and/or relevant supervisory and program management experience in a related human service field.
- Two years of leadership/managerial experience to include experience managing fee generating programs and supervision of staff.
- Experience with monitoring program budgets.
- Experience working with people with disabilities.
- The capacity to work independently.
- Proficiency with MS Windows, MS Office, and other common computer programs.
- Demonstration of CPWD’s core values of inclusiveness, flexibility, person-first, accountability and integrity.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and clean driving record (if applicable).
- Must pass background check(s).
- Personal experience with disability is a huge advantage!
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, and/or relevant supervisory and program management experience in a related human service field.
- Previous experience with DVR, TTW or Veteran's services.
- Exposure to Independent Living philosophies, and best practices in the IL community.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Possess decision-making, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Able to complete tasks in an organized and punctual manner.
- Set clear expectations, responsibilities, and goals with staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and good active listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong program planning skills.
- Model professionalism and strong a work ethic.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Office environment requiring ongoing computer use and extended amount of time sitting or standing.
- Local/regional travel in various weather conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a résumé and cover letter explaining why you are a strong candidate for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
CPWD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year