This position is responsible for the AP work flow for a designated Zeiss business group in North America and ensure that invoices, payments, reconciliations, and journal entries are processed timely and accurately, in accordance with Carl Zeiss Inc’ policies and procedures. The role supports the online travel and expense programs (corporate card travel and procurement card expense) and reports to the Manager of Accounts Payable and Travel Zeiss North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform day-to-day accounts payable's transaction in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with defined operating procedures.
- Checking and posting incoming invoices, credit notes with/without SAP Purchase order reference. Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Administer invoices: control, verification (workflow and electronic handling), processing.
- Manage routine mis-matched, blocked or parked invoices.
- Monitor and reconcile vendor aging by reconciling vendor statements and GR/IR reconciliation account, research and correct discrepancies and work with business partners (Purchasing, Receiving and Vendors) to resolve any purchase orders related discrepancies.
- Reconcile Third Parties and Intercompany vendor accounts. Follow up and resolve non-reconciling items. Resolve problems and perform trouble-shooting when required.
- Weekly disbursements for ACH, checks and wires, prepares payment proposals and verification. Allocate vendor related cash movements.
- Vendor master data review. 1099 maintenance and annual reporting.
- Create monthly accruals and assist as required during month end closing process and internal / external audits.
- Administer corporate card program (Amex),
- handle all BGs’ requests and ensure compliance with Zeiss policies.
- Post month end journal entries associated with BG’s expense reporting in the GL.
- Responsible for development, communication, implementation, measurement, and ongoing improvement of key corporate Travel/Procurement initiatives.
- Associate Degree in Finance and Accounting
- 5+ years relevant and recent experience
- Proficient in Word and Excel, incl. vlookup and formulas
- Knowledge of ERP Software, preferably SAP
- Knowledge of Concur a plus.
With more than 27,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.