Director of Architecture
Core States Group is an integrated architectural, engineering, project/program management, development services and construction firm specializing in the retail, restaurant, banking, petroleum/convenience and fuel cell industries. We stand out among our competitors with our ability to service our clients from "concept-to-keys" on a national level. Because of this, Core States Group has become the go-to consulting firm for many prominent Fortune 500 companies. As we continue to grow, we are looking for strong candidates with the dedication and drive to lead us to even greater successes.
Due to our increasing success and expansion we currently have the following four key management positions available:
Director of Architecture – Financial
Director of Architecture – Restaurants
Director of Architecture – Retail/Petroleum/Convenience
Director of Architecture – Emerging Accounts
Summary of Position:
These positions are responsible for planning, coordinating and directing all architectural activities, projects and personnel within their specific architectural market. He/she will focus on development of our servant leadership culture, coordination with our business development and growth teams, forecasting, financial and operational management for Core States Group’s Architecture projects. He/she reports directly to the Vice President. This position can be located at any of our offices nationwide.
- Participate in business development which involves attendance at marketing functions, business dinners/events, and cross marketing with other offices.
- Conduct initial program/project investigation.
- Manage one or numerous Sr. Project Managers and/or Project Managers.
- Perform efficiency evaluations, profit evaluations and manage the financial aspect for all assigned projects.
- Coordinate with other Core States Group Directors on multi-disciplined programs.
- Staff development and mentoring.
- Convey personnel needs to the President, Vice President and Human Resources and participate in the recruitment, interviewing and selection of prospective candidates.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and negotiate and contracts with clients and sub-consultants.
- Attends industry events including tradeshows and networking events.
- Experience: 8+ years of architecture project and/or program management in their assigned market; 8+ years of experience developing and managing a staff
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required
- Travel: Up to 50%
Job Type: Full-time
- Architecture: 8 years (Required)