The Senior Trading Operations & Support Specialist position is a great opportunity to work for an established, top 10 broker-rated independent broker/dealer. The Trading Operations Department is an integral department in managing firm and client risk, while ensuring client requests are processed quickly and accurately. This position provides exposure to revenue generating activities such as alternative investments, fixed income and securities-backed-line-of-credits. This is a great opportunity to learn to lead others through demonstrating the ability to empowering advisor success through reinvention, advocacy and integrity.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Comply with all regulatory rules, written desktop procedures and company policies.
- Communicate effectively with the Kestra Financial Registered Representatives (RRs) and with internal staff.
- Identify and monitor exceptions, measures, procedures and systems for quality and risk control; bring to the attention of and work with Management and Compliance on exceptions, additions and changes to systems, policies and/or procedures.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all revenue generating products that fall under Trading Operations purview and be able to competently explain processes to RR’s, including best practices.
- Be able to identify needs of the RR and give suggestions based on known information. Be able to ask clarifying questions to help RR’s determine best fit for their clients.
- Assist our RR’s, clearing firm, and external and internal partners with general and complex transactions, correcting trade breaks, trade corrections, research/inquiries, adherence to agreements and/or policies, and reconciling expense/income anomalies (and other functions assigned to the team).
- Maintain accurate and timely daily trade logs, blotters, trade correction documentation, and report review.
- Assist with new team member training/quality control, management with trade blotter review, and handle first level escalation of department issues; including assisting junior traders with market corrections.
- Conduct monthly or quarterly status meetings on regulatory trade reporting statistics including actions taken to remedy reporting issues.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Commitment to culture requires a demonstration of professionalism, accountability, customer/client focus, and teamwork.
- Must be able to perform duties accurately and timely.
- Must be recognized as a go-to person for questions and escalations.
- Must exemplify corporate mission statement and advisor first culture.
- Must have thorough knowledge of AI and securities backed lending processes.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Must have basic knowledge of Power Point.
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile trading reports.
- Must become proficient with the use of clearing firm, vendor(s) and internal programs and software within 30 days of hire including but not limited to Salesforce.
- Must possess good analytical skills, problem solving skills and good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- May be required to work overtime, as necessary.
- Supervision of department personnel during department manager’s absence.
- Principal review supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Graduate required.
- College degree strongly preferred.
- 3+ years equivalent industry related experience strongly preferred.
- Must hold the Series 7, 63 (or 66) and 24 licenses.
- May require other licenses within 6 months of request from management – based on department needs and may include the Series 53, 4 or other licenses.
A brand new state of the art building in southwest Austin with a Basketball court, Volleyball Court, Baseball Field, Walking Trails, unlimited Coffee, Tea, and sparkling water. Rotating Food Trucks, employee events, happy hours and more!
Full health, vision, dental, 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as Car Insurance, Legal services and more.