Recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is a global integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare. We are seeking a Systems & Business Intelligence, Operations Director to sit at the intersection of systems, finance and resourcing to help us cultivate data as a strategic business intelligence asset.
The right candidate will be an innovative and experienced analytical professional with strong financial acumen, excellent communication skills and the ability to manage and work across a matrix structure. The System & Business Intelligence, Operations Director will be responsible for leading strategic operations processes and projects from the drawing board to the finish line. The successful candidate will be able to find insights and opportunities in the data, partner with operations business leaders to identify solutions and lead the change management process necessary to achieve desired results.
The candidate must understand how service businesses use people data as a core asset and be able to identify opportunities to leverage existing data to inform operational and strategic decisions to drive business efficiencies. This role would oversee and strategically lead the systems team to drive holistic system discovery, integration, customization, documentation and strategically advise on adoption. The right candidate will equally partner with FP&A to build and maintain all financial system needs to support Client Profit and Management reporting across W2O Group. As a multi-faceted leader, the right candidate will be equally passionate about strategically advising and supporting senior leadership and functional leads as well as partnering with Finance, IT, Operations, and Resourcing. This is an unique opportunity to evolve and mature these pivotal functions in a dynamic, fast-growing global agency!
- Build and lead a systems team that manages and deploys the implementation of key Financial Reporting, Client Profit and Management Reporting, and BI systems, including Workfront, Workday, ADP, Sales Force, Workplace, OpenAir, NetSuite, etc.
- Drive the systems team through strategic identification and implementation of software as W2O scales, customizing systems and software to the unique needs of the business.
- Design and implement key system enhancements and improvements to continuously meet the business needs of W2O.
- Command subject matter expertise across key systems, advising senior leadership and functional leaders on best systems to support and drive business decisions.
- Collaboratively and pro-actively partner with all levels of internal stakeholders, including Finance, IT, Operations, and Resourcing.
- 12+ years' experience of progressive leadership roles managing and building teams is essential.
- Experience in a global communications agency a plus.
- Demonstrated, successful record of global system design and deployment of Financial Reporting, Client Profit and Management Reporting, and BI systems.
- Understanding of current and changing business needs of W2O.
- Comfortable in both day-to-day business delivery as well as larger strategic vision assessment.
- Exceptional and effective communication and presentations skills, with ability to tailor communications to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to effectively manage and work across a matrix structure.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, adjusting priorities to respond to pressing and changing demands.
- Hands-on, working knowledge across several BI and Enterprise systems, including Workfront, Workday, ADP, Sales Force, OpenAir, NetSuite, etc.
- Strong financial systems skills and understanding of financial business processes also necessary.
- MBA/MA/MS or equivalent work experience in a field that emphasizes analyzing, displaying, or reporting on data (e.g., computer science, math, engineering, economics, statistics, psychology).
- 5+ years of service business consulting or corporate work experience focused on using data to uncover insights that drive action and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis (e.g., descriptive statistics and knowledge of statistical significance), quantitative research, and experience gathering and interpreting data.
- Project management experience with multiple stakeholders prioritizing and delegating projects/tasks.
- Experience training/mentoring team members.
- Experience working across various levels of an organization, while building trust and fostering collaboration.
- Experience in SQL, data visualization tools, and Excel (complex formulas, pivots, macros, etc.).
- Must possess exceptional problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to identify issues, develop solutions and implement change management.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects at one time, with the ability to delegate and prioritize workload assigned to the team.
- Ability to comprehend systems and their functionality including, technical and business Intelligence tools.
- Effectively communicate relevant findings and insights to stakeholders in the businesses via writing or presentations.
- Identify tools and resources needed to implement the strategies.
- Ability to collaborate with, influence, and support stakeholders and leaders.
W2O Group offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including unlimited and flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents and a 4th Trimester program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: http://www.w2ogroup.com/
W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.