ORGANIZATION: DuPont Industrial Biosciences
JOB DESCRIPTION: This is an established yet expanding strategic marketing role responsible for our global “go to market strategy” and corresponding execution of marketing initiatives and activities to drive our biobased 1,3-propanediol (Bio-PDO™) growth in a wide range of consumer and industrial markets. Today our strategic market segments are growing on average more than 17% CAGR and we sell into more than 50 countries world-wide though both a direct sales force as well as a network of channel partners. We have established well recognized product brand families for key markets. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Sales and works directly with other members of the global Marketing & Sales team, our product director located in Loudon, TN as well as with our business leadership team. Travel requirements are estimated at 30% which can include international travel outside North America. The preferred location for this new position is in Wilmington, DE where our global marketing team is located.
JOB SCOPE: The global strategic marketing manager is responsible for developing and executing global, segment-specific marketing plans that are essential in delivering the joint venture’s commercial growth objectives. Current strategic markets include: Cosmetics & Personal Care, Home Care & Laundry, Food and Flavors Pharma, Polyurethanes and heat-transfer Fluids with plans to launch into the Coatings market in 2019. The position requires experience in developing and implementing a wide range of strategic marketing activities including: written market plans, market segmentation, value proposition development and enhancement, product marketing, the launch of new products, launching into new market segments and geographies, understanding shifting industry trends and sharing insights with the global team, competitive analysis, interactive marketing, pricing, branding, advertising, content creation/ management, creating our customer community experience and generating awareness resulting in lead generation and adoption. Communication to stakeholders both internally and externally to customers and distribution partners is a key aspect of this position. We are actively expanding our customer reach and messaging beyond traditional print, trade shows and e-blasts to include webinars, Social media like YouTube and Twitter and our newly launched app for iPhone and Android devices.
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The position requires an entrepreneurial, self-managed individual who is interested in strategic market for rapid growth. There is a high level of customer engagement through trade shows, industry events and other activities. The critical knowledge, skills and abilities important for success in this position are:
1. Strong marketing acumen; Experience in developing, managing and executing global strategic marketing plans using proven tools and techniques for facilitating this process.
2. Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in a wide range of marketing areas; Specific experiences important for this role are market plan development, pricing management, product portfolio planning, direct and distribution sales models, market research (mostly secondary research) and a range of communications activities including print and digital advertising, trade show management, website design/SEO, digital marketing, press releases, webinars, social media and customer events.
3. Ability to combine market research, market analysis, industry trends, commercial knowledge and technical understanding to provide key insights to our business to drive our marketing plans and maintain our competitive advantage in the marketing place.
4. Ability to think creatively, solve complex problems and align diverse cross-functional teams around ideas and projects aimed at generating product awareness, trial and adoption.
5. Experience in negotiating and managing external vendors and contracts.
6. Value propositions – experience with designing and leading market research studies, market experiments and other activities to develop, test and enhance value propositions.
7. Excellent written communication skills exhibited through press releases, industry articles, development of ad and email marketing copy, sales collateral, technical datasheets, website content, concept proposals, marketing and sales presentations, etc.
8. Excellent oral communications for presentations at customer and industry conferences.
9. Strong analytical skills. Ability to develop, interpret and report metrics on digital marketing ROI, website performance, market research data, lead generation and other marketing metrics.
10. Ability to successfully translate results of technical studies and industry trends to identify and communicate compelling value propositions to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
11. Networks well inside and outside DuPont to maintain competitive advantage in key segments.
12. Demonstrated excellence in project management skills; delivers against milestones;
13. MBA preferred with a Bachelor degree in business or marketing or science/engineering.
14. Skilled in computer applications (MS Office, email, SFDC, on-line networks, etc.) required.
13. Experience in one or more of our target markets is a plus such as: cosmetics and personal care, food and flavors, pharmaceuticals, functional fluids, polymers, coatings and polyurethanes, footwear and/or apparel.
REQUESTED DOCUMENTS: In addition to a cover letter and resume, we encourage candidates to include a 1 to 2-page maximum written overview of how you approach the development and execution of strategic marketing plans.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: www.duponttateandlyle.com
DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products is 50/50 equity joint venture between DuPont and Tate & Lyle, a global provider of distinctive, high quality ingredients and solutions to the food, beverage and other industries. The manufacturing technology was developed through a series of DuPont partnerships and is recognized as the “leading edge of industrial biotechnology in the world today”. The Loudon World Headquarters and manufacturing site is located close to Knoxville, Tennessee, USA. Manufacturing annualized capacity is now 140 million lbs. and will be expanded again by mid-2019 to meet the growing global demand for our biobased products. DTL will be celebrating 12 years of operations in November 2018 built on our excellent performance in safety, production and year-over-year growth. This is a great opportunity to participate in a start-up company atmosphere while maintaining DuPont employment and career management. The DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products joint venture reports directly into DuPont Industrial Biosciences. This is a DuPont employee position.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.