Responsible for managing the procurement and planning of all material requirements and workflow in a custom job shop environment. Coordinates scheduling, planning and purchasing activities to support machining and assembly departments by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
· Work with the manufacturing manager to effectively plan on-time delivery of sales orders based on available manpower and materials (outsource when necessary).
· Competitively quote and purchase machine fabrications and commercial components including castings, steel, electrical and hydraulic components, gears and bearings.
· Visit and select approved fabricators, suppliers and sub assembler.
· Negotiate discounts, terms and delivery cycles with suppliers and vendors.
· Strategically plan supplier deliveries to meet demanding project schedules.
· Research and suggest alternative suppliers to the Engineering Department.
· Process custom project orders assigning material delivery dates based on custom part availability and purchasing those parts.
· Advise manufacturing associates of material shortages or deliveries.
· Review inventory levels and then work with sales & engineering to suggest either adding commonly used materials or parts to stock or reduce stock levels for low usage materials or parts.
· Review lot or batch size for stock items to ensure the Company is maximizing savings and not over producing.
· Assist engineering in the selection of new suppliers, advise them of manufacturing problems based on designs and participate in the ECN review process.
· Building strong collaborative relationships with internal departments including Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Sales and Quality.
· Experience in working with and entering data into an Enterprise Reporting Program (ERP).
· Lead weekly production meeting and repair parts meeting to provide information to sales and engineering on sales order status.
COMPETIENCIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills and be proficient in the following: ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, strong communication (verbal and written), ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive environment and an ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Materials Manager will lead the Production Support Team and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the department while reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree, five to ten years related experience in materials or supply chain management or an equivalent combination of education and experience. APICS Certification a plus.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret mechanical drawings, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to speak and understand the English language fluently. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, suppliers, and customers. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, suppliers, and fellow employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Must possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but occasionally moderate to loud. TRAVEL: Minimal travel required at times to supplier locations.
ADDITIONAL ELIGABILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ability to work with employees in high stress situations.
All employees are required to pass the pre-employment as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
French Oil Mill Machinery Co. is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place