Responsible for providing a full range of dental hygiene services to pediatric and adult patients, including cleanings, exams, scaling, polishing, fluoride treatments, sealants, oral hygiene instruction and oral health education. Responsible for adequately and accurately documenting all services provided in the patient’s dental record.
- Ensure the delivery of caring, quality and culturally competent dental hygiene services to children and adults. Improve patient well-being through high quality dental hygiene treatment, and oral health prevention and education.
- Meet or exceed all standards of care, including overall clinical, quality, and productivity goals.
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency, and appropriate confidentiality with patient charting and related recordkeeping and administrative functions as assigned.
- Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times. Uphold and ensure compliance and attention to all organizational policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct care to scheduled patients and/or walk-in patients, when necessary, including for established and new patients
- Perform all necessary oral prophylactic services, including oral screenings, x-rays, scaling, polishing, fluoride treatments, pit and fissure sealant, sub-gingival root planning, and curettage
- Review patient medical history and medications, and consult dentist or physician as necessary
- Educate patients on the proper methods of oral hygiene and plaque control
- Maintain a patient recall system
- Responsible for accurate entries in a patient’s dental records
- Responsible for taking x-rays when appropriate
- Participate in Lowell CHC community outreach/education efforts, as appropriate and as assigned. This may include serving as an oral health consultant in our school-based programs, participating in oral health screenings, health education programs, etc.
- Recognize nutritional and behavioral health needs of the patients and make appropriate referrals
- Consult and collaborate with other health center staff as appropriate; participate in appropriate departmental and center-wide meetings
- Participate in quality improvement activities as required by the health center or outside agency
- Participate in on-site and off-site continuing education programs and in-service training, to maintain license and to meet the needs of patients
- Fabricates night mouth guards, athletic mouth guards, and custom fluoride trays
- Other duties as needed or required
- Current and valid dental hygiene license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required
- Graduate of an accredited training program for dental hygiene
- Spanish, Portuguese, Khmer, Swahili language skills preferred
- Experience with special needs and medically-complex patients a plus
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude is essential
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- dental hygienist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dental Hygienist (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused