If you are an experienced Talent Acquisition professional focused on Executive talent acquisition space, this is your chance to make a significant impact on the future of Microsoft as part of a team that is leading edge in executive recruitment. In this role, an experienced Executive Recruiter will have the opportunity to attract, assess and secure talent from all industries around the world. The role will focus on full cycle executive recruitment with a heavy emphasis on the client aligned activities related to internal client groups at Microsoft while knowing deeply the business priorities of Microsoft organizations, key business priorities, the external talent marketing bringing a solid knowledge of the competitive landscape for the best talent in the market.
We are looking for well-connected individual who is able to drive and own the recruiting efforts of senior level talent for Microsoft with predominantly external candidates. This position encompasses all stages of the hiring process - from partnering with Business stakeholders, Talent Acquisition professionals and HR Senior Managers on succession planning, position strategy and candidate requirements, developing sourcing strategies to target and assess top executive talent, and negotiating/closing offers. Ability to build internal and external networks is key, along with a solid foundation of executive recruiting skills and abilities.
This role will also be accountable for driving and maintaining a competitor strategy for Talent Acquisition for roles at this level, ensuring we identify and target top talent from Cloud and Mobile businesses.
Other responsibilities include:
- Partnering with executives and Talent Acquisition Leads to determine the current and future executive Talent Acquisition needs, which will include hiring and pipelining directly for critical Executive hires
- Maintaining and executing against a rolling plan of hiring and succession planning for Exec roles
- Being the sponsor and primary contact for high quality of external succession plans
- Working closely with a Client Aligned and Market Aligned Exec recruiting team to map target organizations, organizational structure and the top targeted talent within those structures. You will have the opportunity to do both market focused and client focused work in this hybrid Executive Recruiter role.
- To develop and maintain relationships/partnership within your own Global Executive Talent Acquisition team and with the regional hiring teams
- Developing and executing on candidate generation strategies and building a pipeline of executive talent, including direct sourcing candidates, leveraging research and market aligned sourcing activities
- Qualifying/screening and interviewing prospective candidates
- Performing in-depth research, industry calibration and keeping this information up to date, and reference checking
- Effectively identifying and partnering with external recruitment agencies on targeted external searches where necessary
- Proposing, articulating and negotiating offers (compensation, benefits, relocation, etc)..
- Communicating and collaborating with business partners and stakeholders across the company
- Establishing, cultivating and maintaining solid working relationships with executive management, hiring managers, external relationships & any other internal recruiting partners
- Maintaining in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of top executives, companies, and competitive industries with an external focus
- Upholding strict confidentiality about available positions and other sensitive information
- Establishing and mentoring others on effective executive search methodology and best practices
- Helping to create a strong and robust Global Executive Talent Acquisition organization.
BA/BS degree in business, communications, human resources or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience: 8-10 years of executive recruiting experience in Technology (Services and/or Devices) and/or IT/Digital Consumer sector
Strong passion for technology
Strong market knowledge of our competitive landscape in the US and some global market knowledge
Understanding of executive compensation, compensation issues and the ability to analyze compensation packages
Strong process management (systems management), interpersonal, organizational, written, negotiation and presentation skills
As well as exceptional communications skills and excellent relationship management ability you will have strong capability in the following areas: Strategic Insight, Influencing for Impact, Judgment, Cross Boundary Collaboration, negotiation, Systems Thinking approach and meticulous attention to detail.
Advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Candidate Tracking Systems etc. is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.