The Vice President of Human Resources (HR) provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organizations HR operations. The Vice President is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level HR staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organizations long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organizations human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organizations success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Fosters a positive culture defined by our core values
- Drafts and implements the organizations staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department.
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events.
- Present training sessions related to assigned program or section areas
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Implementation of systems including but not limited to: ATS system, Scheduling Systems, Time Management systems.
- Partner with legal representation as needed/required.
- Answer non-routine requests for information on policy interpretation.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Recommends, evaluates, and participates in staff development for all corporate divisions.
- Lead special and cross-functional project teams.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to building diverse work environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% to all center locations in Ohio.
- Great sense of humor and professional enthusiasm.
- Commitment to support and exemplify shared mission and values!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required, Masters or law degree highly preferred.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
Brightside Academy is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Human Resources: 10 years (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible